Netflix Problems - 2/21/2011

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Is anyone else experiencing difficulties streaming content to their iPhone from Netflix? Whenever I select video to stream, I get the busy symbol for a few seconds, then it returns to the menu. Thanks in advance.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I just got a new router and I guess Netflix looks like a rebind attack and DD-WRT is blocking it. I followed the directions in post #14 here and changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8 on my iPhone and Netflix now streams fine. Do you think it's safe to leave it set to Google's DNS server (8.8.8.8)?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
could potentially have other side-effects down the road. I'd say if it works, just leave it. But remember you changed it in case you have other network issues in the future.

have you checked for firmware updates for your router?

wesevans

Jan 9, 2012
I have a problem that is extremely irritating. When I'm on Netflix and up in the corner where you can search for movies is my problem. I click it and I get a cursor but my dang key board or pad which ever you want to call will not pop up! I do not know why it happens! I have got it to come up like twice by accident and don't have a clue to what I did. Any Advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks wes