Netflix queue

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
i need help with my Netflix queue...i just can't think of movies i want to see. i like black comedies and anything with well-written dialogue. my most recent favorite is State & Main. I'll see anything by the Coen Brothers or Woody Allen and anything with Parker Posey or Christina Ricci.

Foreign is fine, too, especially Asian.

suggestions?

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
Bump. I suck at stuff like this, but I know there are some movie buffs here...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
hmm... i assume you've seen The Big Lebowski, Waiting for Guffman, and Best In Show... if not, definitely add those.

I just saw a Pretty creepy Korean movie called Old Boy... pretty disturbing at times, but very good. It's about a guy that is imprisoned in a cheap hotel for 15 years with no explanation, then suddenly released. And the movie is about him trying to figure out what the heck happened.

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
hmm... i assume you've seen The Big Lebowski, Waiting for Guffman, and Best In Show... if not, definitely add those.

I just saw a Pretty creepy Korean movie called Old Boy... pretty disturbing at times, but very good. It's about a guy that is imprisoned in a cheap hotel for 15 years with no explanation, then suddenly released. And the movie is about him trying to figure out what the heck happened.
Thanks. I actually happen to OWN every one that you mentioned. Old Boy is a great movie. More people should see that and other Korean movies. I recommend Way Home and Hearty Paw, both from the same director (different than the Old Boy director).

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I saw this Asian movie "Marebito" several times. It's about a guy that finds this chick and ends up killing people just to satiate her taste for blood - because that's all she'll eat.

On second thought, I don't recommend it.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Hippo - Haha

Coasts:
Have you seen Sjunde inseglet, Det? The English title is "The Seventh Seal". If you answered no - move this to the top of your queue. It's my favorite move, and a masterpiece none the less.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
i need help with my Netflix queue...i just can't think of movies i want to see. i like black comedies

suggestions?
You would be a big fan of all Tyler Perry's movies ... and also.
Soul Food
Soul Plane
Big Mama's House
Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins
The Wood
and you may like half of Rush Hour 2
They are all funny!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
ok, even i have to admit that was pretty funny.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Just saw August Rush, didn't think I would like it but turned out to be a great movie.

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
You would be a big fan of all Tyler Perry's movies ... and also.
Soul Food
Soul Plane
Big Mama's House
Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins
The Wood
and you may like half of Rush Hour 2
They are all funny!
how could you leave out Friday? That ish is off the hizzy!
and what about Do the Right Thing?

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
ended up adding some films and documentaries about Mt. Everest...i don't think i'll ever get to climb her, so i might as well watch someone else do it. thanks for the suggestions. i'm also adding The Seventh Seal.