Netflix update . . .

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
This sometimes resolves on its own if you give it some time.

Search for "Example Short 23.976" in Netflix and play one of the videos. It lists the kbps you are receiving. You should get several thousand if your internet speed is > 7 Mbps. Post your results for the iPhone and the iPad.

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com

Search for "Example Short 23.976" in Netflix and play one of the videos. It lists the kbps you are receiving. You should get several thousand if your internet speed is > 7 Mbps. Post your results for the iPhone and the iPad.
I guess I'm missing something. When I enter "Example Short 23.976", I get a screen from Netflix, and the same number?
Hang on, I think I have it, I'll be right back.

Last edited:

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com

Ok on the iPhone it's 1750kbps, on the iPad it's 560kbps, that's quit a difference. How to I fix the iPad?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Ok on the iPhone it's 1750kbps, on the iPad it's 560kbps, that's quit a difference. How to I fix the iPad?
It might resolve on its own. But if you want to try some things now, I would first reset your network settings. Run the video again after that to check the speed. Give it about two minutes before you note the speed. If that doesn't work, try switching to Google's DNS server (8.8.8.8).
Settings > WiFi > Your WiFi network > Tap the blue circle with a letter I that is next to the WiFi symbol > DNS > Delete the number and add 8.8.8.8. Then test Netflix again. If that doesn't work, you can change it back to the default by resetting your network settings again.

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
It might resolve on its own. But if you want to try some things now, I would first reset your network settings. Run the video again after that to check the speed. Give it about two minutes before you note the speed. If that doesn't work, try switching to Google's DNS server (8.8.8.8).
Settings > WiFi > Your WiFi network > Tap the blue circle with a letter I that is next to the WiFi symbol > DNS > Delete the number and add 8.8.8.8. Then test Netflix again. If that doesn't work, you can change it back to the default by resetting your network settings again.
I got the speed up to 1050, but the picture is still very ugly. I wonder if this is best I can get? There is such a vast difference between the phone and the iPad. I wonder if others have had this problem.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I got the speed up to 1050, but the picture is still very ugly. I wonder if this is best I can get? There is such a vast difference between the phone and the iPad. I wonder if others have had this problem.
It's a fairly common problem. Test it again tonight and see if it's gotten any better than that.