Network connection issues at setup! Help?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MNJON, Oct 14, 2011.

1. MNJON

MNJON Member
    Bronze

Wow, this hurts! The new phone is cool... and I was able to activate it and even play with Siri (don't tell my wife)... but, it is not connecting to my wi-fi. It waid the password was not correct so I took the option to continue setup without wifi on. Once all was done and I restored with iTunes.... it will not connect to my network no matter what I try. It wont let me try the password again either.

I tried several passwords before I gave up when setting up, and now when it's all running, it wont show a password option!

Crap, when I put iOS5 on my wife's phone the other day, it didn't ask for the password even! I have not used a password since setting this dang NetGeat WiFi up about 2 years ago. I have no idea what the WEP or whatever security would even be....

Anyone know how I can get into my netgear setup stuff even?

Ugh..... what a let-down.

2. imamac

imamac Member
    Bronze

You can try to look around in your Router setup page ... try entering either 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 as a web address and one of them should take you to your router info. From there you may need to login - usually as admin, password admin or password. Some routers give you a place there to change your WEP password.

You may want to re-set your router, too. There's sometimes a little hole where you can push the end of a pen or paperclip to reset it. You'd have to reconfigure your computer's access, too, if you go that route.

3. BrownGem

BrownGem Zealot
    Gold

I had this problem with my iPad2 which I just got yesterday. I typed that long number soo many times. I had activated the iPad and restored from a backup at first. I wiped the iPad and restored as new device. Wifi connected on the first try after the restore.

4. MNJON

MNJON Member
    Bronze

What a pain! OK.. well, I did go and reset the router and started over... not as bad as it could have been! Now I better be wise(r) and write down the password! ha ha

Love my 4s!

5. imamac

imamac Member
    Bronze

Glad it worked!

6. MNJON

MNJON Member
    Bronze

Thanks! I'm much happoer now! ha ha