Network connection timed out error when upgrading to iOS 5

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by mzkryptonite04, Oct 20, 2011.

1. mzkryptonite04

mzkryptonite04 New Member

I have been trying for the past 2 days unsuccessfuly to update my 3Gs to iOS 5, my current software version is 4.3.2 (8H7), model MB715LL and it is also jailbroken. It will get the iOS 5 going and then I get this message "The network connection timed out, please check your network settings and make sure you are fully connected," and it stops!

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Have you tried downloading iOS 5, not using iTunes? Then after downloading iOS 5 firmware, when your in iTunes hold the shift button on computer when you click restore. Will let you select what ispw file you want to use.

3. shutter13

shutter13 Evangelist
    Gold

I agree, that's what I had to do. Just google iOS downloads and direct download the software form Apple and use that.

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

5. mzkryptonite04

mzkryptonite04 New Member

Do you save the iOS to desktop or iTunes?

6. shutter13

shutter13 Evangelist
    Gold

Save it where you can find it, the easiest place is the desktop, but if you know where the iTunes>iPhone software updates folder is...you can save it there and you don't have to shift+click restore.

7. pknewman

pknewman New Member

I see 2 links at the bottom of this site. Which do I choose to update my iPhone 4G to iOS 5 (AT&T is my carrier and my laptop is running Windows 7) thanks