Network Data Outage?

cdelauz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
Is there like a data outgae in miami? or maybe the south region. i have not been able to get on the internet on my phone. I have power cycled the phone, I have shut it off and removed the sim, I also did a network reset and nothing.

Can anybody else tell me how to trouble shoot this issue, ATT said my setting on there end looked fine.

Thanks,
Carlos

cdelauz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
Mabey there is just a problem with the cell tower near you
Cant be that, my co-worker has an iPhoe as well, and he is able to connect to the internet.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Put your sim into another phone if you have one that you can to see if it's your sim card. Do you have any hacked carrier files or 3.1 beta on your phone?

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
Cant be that, my co-worker has an iPhoe as well, and he is able to connect to the internet.
If you coworker can connect then why do you think it is an AT&T issue? Isn't your coworker also on AT&T if they are using an iPhone?

Eninety2

Silver
Jul 22, 2008
It's an ATT thing, my phone as well as my GF iPhone were both down this morning. She called and they said they have to "reset" the phone, whatever the hell that means.

bighabeeb

Aug 20, 2009
Work around

It's an ATT thing, my phone as well as my GF iPhone were both down this morning. She called and they said they have to "reset" the phone, whatever the hell that means.
Seems that AT&T's 3G, specifically for the iPhone, is hosed up all over the place. In NJ we're having voice troubles, where we make calls (or receive them) and hear it ring, but cannot hear the caller. Very annoying as I was told by AT&T that there is no estimated time until it's restored.

Fix in the meantime: settings > general > networks, turn off 3G. You'll be back on edge, which sucks, but at least you'll still be able to use your device.