Never Thought It Would Happen To Me :(

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Like many others, I received my store credit last Friday. For whatever reason, I decided to only use 1/2 of it (on an iTunes Gift Card).

I attempted to use the remaining $50 today to purchase another Gift Card, and you guessed it, balance $0.

I spoke to an Apple rep at the store credit line and he gave me the details of when (6:18 AM on 9/15) and where (Apple store#145) my $50 was used.
I have no clue where store#145 is located but I live in South Miss and the closest Apple store to me is in Atlanta, GA. I promise you I haven't been there :)

I've sent the "e-mail" and will patiently wait for Apple to reply and fully expect that they will add $50 back to my credit.

My only advice would be, once you have the store credit, use it immediately and in full to prevent somebody from fraudulently using it.

UPDATE!

Good news! Apple has resolved the issue with my Apple Credit! Well done Apple, well done!

GX1

Aug 14, 2007
Like many others, I received my store credit last Friday. For whatever reason, I decided to only use 1/2 of it (on an iTunes Gift Card).

I attempted to use the remaining $50 today to purchase another Gift Card, and you guessed it, balance $0.

I spoke to an Apple rep at the store credit line and he gave me the details of when (6:18 AM on 9/15) and where (Apple store#145) my $50 was used.
I have no clue where store#145 is located but I live in South Miss and the closest Apple store to me is in Atlanta, GA. I promise you I haven't been there :)

I've sent the "e-mail" and will patiently wait for Apple to reply and fully expect that they will add $50 back to my credit.

My only advice would be, once you have the store credit, use it immediately and in full to prevent somebody from fraudulently using it.

Sorry that happened. At least you got yours. I haven't received my credit.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Sorry that happened. At least you got yours. I haven't received my credit.
I'm sorry, hope you get it worked out.

I have a second one to get for my daughters phone. I was planning to wait until she came home from college this weekend. I'm glad I did now and we'll use it as soon as it's issued.

samcarroll

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
NorCal
at least you got to use yours, mine has said $0.00 credit since i got my 100 bucks. never been able to use it.

What email did you send to?

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
at least you got to use yours, mine has said $0.00 credit since i got my 100 bucks. never been able to use it.

iPhonestorecredit.com

I received an almost immediate reply saying that my e-mail had been received and that they would try to respond in 48 to 72 hours.

I guess I'm a bit naive but I don't understand how this problem can be so widespread?

rpjk2000

Jul 19, 2007

that just happened to me. All you have to do is sign up for another rebate and the new one should now work. My first rebate said $0, told the guy I have not used it yet, so he had me sumit a new form and that one worked fine. Give it a shot.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I got my credit Sunday and used it within hours to order a 160GB classic. Hope you get your money back.
Thanks, I'm fairly certain that they will add $50 back to my credit and I'm patient enough to wait. I'm still amazed that stuff like this happens.

Aug 9, 2007
Just reapply if you're unused credit says Balance:$0.00

I was told to send an email, and then i was told to visit an Apple store to sort it out. Instead, i just reapplied and got a different (working) credit number and pin.

samcarroll

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
NorCal
that just happened to me. All you have to do is sign up for another rebate and the new one should now work. My first rebate said $0, told the guy I have not used it yet, so he had me sumit a new form and that one worked fine. Give it a shot.
tried this and it worked GREAT! thanks!

alexster

Jul 15, 2007
you bought an iTunes gift card with your iPhone store credit? you're not supposed to be able to buy iTunes/Apple gift cards with that...

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
you bought an iTunes gift card with your iPhone store credit? you're not supposed to be able to buy iTunes/Apple gift cards with that...
Electronic iTunes Gift Certificates are not eligible. The iTunes Gift Cards are. You just have to wait for them to come in the snail mail to you :)