New 1.0.1 software error syncing Contacts with Yahoo Adressbook?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

axhoaxho

Jul 3, 2007
Greetings,

I just upgraded my wife's iPhone with the new 1.01 software.

I have been setting up her iPhone to sync up her Contacts to her Yahoo! Mail Addressbook. However, with 1.0.1 I got the following error message when the iPhone was trying to sync the Contacts to Yahoo! Addressbook:

"iTune could not sync with Yahoo! Address Book because an unknown error occurred(4). Please try again later. <OK>"

Anyone has encountered the same error on 1.0.1? Any suggestions or solutions to resolve this problem? :confused:

Many thanks in advance,

With best regards,
- Alex.

jpbeckham

Jul 30, 2007
iTune could not sync with Yahoo! Address Book because an unknown error occurred(4). Pl

Greetings,

I just upgraded my wife's iPhone with the new 1.01 software.

I have been setting up her iPhone to sync up her Contacts to her Yahoo! Mail Addressbook. However, with 1.0.1 I got the following error message when the iPhone was trying to sync the Contacts to Yahoo! Addressbook:

"iTune could not sync with Yahoo! Address Book because an unknown error occurred(4). Please try again later. <OK>"

Anyone has encountered the same error on 1.0.1? Any suggestions or solutions to resolve this problem? :confused:

Many thanks in advance,

With best regards,
- Alex.
Yes, I'm having the same problem. Have you figured out how to fix it yet?
Thanks

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
Add a contact online to Yahoo Addresses.

Then sync with your iPhone. Chances are, it WILL be on your phone, regardless of the error message. I used to sync fine before 1.0.1.

I used to sync with Yahoo, then the error message started popping up. I decided to import my Yahoo list into a Winddows Contacts list, and sync from there. It's a much simpler way, but I was too lazy initially to transfer everything from my Yahoo that I had originally started with my Treo.

axhoaxho

Jul 3, 2007
Still got the error(4) when sync-ing my iPhone with Yahoo! Address Book...

I gave up! Now I just sync up with my Windows Address Book, and save all Contacts as CSV files for backup... :(

I missed the old fashion cell phones that I don't need to worry about new software update messing up with my data in the phone... :(

With best regards,

Mordred

Jul 24, 2007
VA
After upgrading my iTunes last night to the new version 7.3.2.6 I'm getting the same error message now. But I tested it and its still syncing up just fine when making updates on both the phone and Yahoo Address Book.

Hopefully Apple address this asap and thats the only bug (error message on PC) for now. :laugh2: