New 2.0 contacts button/app

Toxic Gecko

Bronze
Mar 29, 2008
What is with the new contacts button? Am I missing something having 2.0 on my V1 iPhone? I like the new contacts search function, but how hard was it to tap "phone" then "contacts"? OMG, now it is one less touch of the screen to get to my contacts. So tell me, is there anything different about the two contacts or is this simply just a shortcut?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
What is with the new contacts button? Am I missing something having 2.0 on my V1 iPhone? I like the new contacts search function, but how hard was it to tap "phone" then "contacts"? OMG, now it is one less touch of the screen to get to my contacts. So tell me, is there anything different about the two contacts or is this simply just a shortcut?
Just a shortcut.

coal0101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
yeah, I was confused by that as well...moved to last page. I guess maybe it is gearing up for businesss users who may have 100 contacts (email, office, mobile, etc). They may want to pull up the email address or home address and not actually make a call.

iAttorney

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Houston, TX
The thing is, the Contacts app has been there for a while, at least in 1.1.4 (maybe before that). However, we just couldn't see it, without the use of JB apps like poof. I think this was a way for Apple to point to a new "feature" that really isn't new at all. More like, we decided not to cripple a function that has been present for a while.