New 2 step security

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Greg M, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Greg M

Greg M New Member

Getting deeply frustrated with Apple force feeding 'solutions' and I have ended up in a cul de sac I cant get out.
    For reasons I don't know my ITunes account was set to have a 2 step security procedure. I did not set this up or ask for it. My son (10yrs) has my apple Id on his device so I can see/approve/pay for any apps he wants to download. He did not set a 2 step Apple Id either. So its a mystery why I have it.

The problem is this. I don't want Apple having my mobile number for any verification purposes and I don't want a two step verification procedure. I followed instructions and logged into my apple account and turned it off - as I despise this double security rubbish and I don't have access to my sons ipad all the time.

Now I cant log in because it is sending a 6 digit security number to a bogus phone number I was forced to put in the account.

How can I sign in WITHOUT having to go through a 2 step process either by phone or other device ?

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204915

Worth reading over the entire page, but this is at the bottom of the article:

To turn off two-factor authentication, sign in to your Apple ID account page and click Edit in the Security section. Then click Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication. After you create new security questions and verify your date of birth, two-factor authentication will be turned off.