New 3G iPhone Ad

dmksaved

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
last year on june 3 Apple ran the iPhone ad telling consumers when it would arriveand in stores and that was june 29, 2007 .
so in 5 days will we see a new ad for the 3G iPhone ?
I think Apple would wait till the 9th which is 6 days later from the 3rd to announce it . But why would Apple do it different this time?
last time they announced it 6 montns in advance then rolled out a tv ad telling consumers when . so now June 9th they would announce it and then what? will it be available right away or 6 months ? usually only updates are available right away like the night of the keynote address.
So what does Steve P. Jobs have up his sleve this time. Apple inc. is so unpredictable that we never know till the keynote.

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
There are tons of threads on this. No one knows when it'll be released. Everyone hopes it'll be released at WWDC on June 9th and available shortly thereafter, but given the AT&T memo about employees not being able to take vacation June 15-July 15, it seems like it'll be released some time after the 15th.

Joe

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I hope they don't announce it and then make us wait 6 months. That would be torture for many of us...at least we would actually know what it looked like and what it did, etc.

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
Even if the 3G ad broke out today, I'm sure they'd tell you the release date but wouldn't say a word about features other than "it has 3G!" Copy & Paste is a bigger hero than 3G and Aqua Man in that case!

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
I hope they don't announce it and then make us wait 6 months. That would be torture for many of us...at least we would actually know what it looked like and what it did, etc.
They won't do that. If they did, no one would buy a current iPhone for six months and Apple would lose sales.

Joe

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
I'd say it will probably drop on June 29th just like last year. The vacation restriction is from June 15th to July 15th just like last year. So likely the release will also be the June 29th just like last year. Announcement will of course be on the 9th.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
They won't do that. If they did, no one would buy a current iPhone for six months and Apple would lose sales.

Joe
Well you cant even buy the current iPhone right now. Its "currently unavailable" on Apples UK and US site, and its sold out in almost every store.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Im am seriously about to have have anxiety attack, I want my 3G iPhone now! For us that don't have one we have no choose cause they're not available online, and the AT&T stores don't have them for sale.
- Plus I refuse to buy from some random ebay seller, selling a 16GB jailbroken iPhone for 600 dollars!

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
Well you cant even buy the current iPhone right now. Its "currently unavailable" on Apples UK and US site, and its sold out in almost every store.
True, so they definitely wouldn't do it then. :)

Joe

stwebb

Jun 3, 2008
Im am seriously about to have have anxiety attack, I want my 3G iPhone now! For us that don't have one we have no choose cause they're not available online, and the AT&T stores don't have them for sale.
- Plus I refuse to buy from some random ebay seller, selling a 16GB jailbroken iPhone for 600 dollars!
Relax! I was in your shoes last year and waited in line for hours 6/29/07 to get one. It was fun, but after 3 returns, I'm like okay it good, but not a life changer! It's a fairly decent phone that makes calls, has a calendar, slow (but functional) web surfing. Relax!

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Relax! I was in your shoes last year and waited in line for hours 6/29/07 to get one. It was fun, but after 3 returns, I'm like okay it good, but not a life changer! It's a fairly decent phone that makes calls, has a calendar, slow (but functional) web surfing. Relax!
Calming Down....
Wu saah, Wu saah : Deep Breathe::cool:

10 seconds later- :passes out::p

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
There are tons of threads on this. No one knows when it'll be released. Everyone hopes it'll be released at WWDC on June 9th and available shortly thereafter, but given the AT&T memo about employees not being able to take vacation June 15-July 15, it seems like it'll be released some time after the 15th.

Joe
i vote june 27th...end of june...like last year...

ZodiacfreaK

Bronze
Jan 11, 2007
Hmmm I think the announcement will obviously be June 9th and I also think it will be available in stores the 15th.