New 3G with dead pixel

llckll

Bronze
Feb 18, 2009
Yes, get it replaced. If not, you'll become obsessed with that one dead pixel.

Emerica

Bronze
Feb 5, 2009
Go for it, they won't have any problem doing it. I'm sure.

MacArt

Jan 6, 2009
I would - just for the sake of it, as it will be annoying.

But I think there is a threshold until which they may not replace it; as some dead pixels are to be expected.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Replace, replace, replace! I had cracks in my phone, got it replaced! No problems at all. My 3G chip was fried, got it replaced in fact the very day i found out that it was fried! The tech on the phone insisted i go immediately if not sooner to the closest Apple store and have it replaced. He was adamant about it, he made the appointment for me with the Genius and I'm glad I replaced it. (You know, in order to have a working phone, I needed it replaced.)

Apple is good about replacing the phone when there are defects.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I would - just for the sake of it, as it will be annoying.

But I think there is a threshold until which they may not replace it; as some dead pixels are to be expected.
not right out of the box. He is within his 14-day return policy, so if they give him any grief, i'd return it outright, go to a different store and purchase a new one.

but i doubt they'll give him any grief.

h1w1nd

Nov 28, 2008
california
there not going to try and give me a refurb are they? i'll just return it outright and start all over again. we want brand new!

llckll

Bronze
Feb 18, 2009
I had a bump on the back of mine. Must have been caused during the assembly process cause it was caused from the inside out. I returned it and they brought out a brand new sealed one. No grief...

Dec 8, 2008
N
Often refurbished phones are better then brand new phones....