New 4S owner needs protection

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by timmyinnis, Nov 5, 2011.

1. timmyinnis

timmyinnis New Member

New Apple owner with a 4S needs protection.

I wanted to see if I could get some ideas on what kind of case would be good for my situation.

All my other phones I only used invisible shield or somthing like that. Never had a problem with a cracked screen but...

I was really thinking about a full body case (except the screen) case to help protect the screen from shocks against drops. I like the idea of the batery cases, anyone have personal experience with them? 20.00 overseas version VS 80.00 version etc. Does it help protect from drops? does the 2 piece cases snap apart during a drop. Making protection useless?

Another main concern I want a charging (stand-cradle-dock what ever you want to call it). Something that will charge the phone standing up on the desk. From what I can find, is all the battery cases change the Apple connector over to the mini or micro usb connectors but then I don't find any mini-micro usb charging docks for the iPhones.

Any ideas what can be done?

Thanks

2. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Lifeproof.....

But, if you want something you can use a iHome dock you can go with the otter box reflex. I'm not sure if you can use an iHome dock with life proof.

3. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

From the title I thought you wanted a bodyguard or something. Carry on.

4. RedWritingHood

Bronze

ha ha...!

5. timmyinnis

timmyinnis New Member

I tried to make a catchy title to get as many viewers as possible.
    Looks like it worked with you. :)

6. Chex

Chex Member

I thought it was a thread about prophylactic's...

7. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

I don't think any of the high protection cases....Otterbox, Lifeproof, Ballistic....allow the easy use of a dock.

8. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

For me it's about balancing protection with usability and not adding too much bulk. I use a *Speck Candyshell case ("Batwing Black") and a basic screen protector. Slimmer cases don't offer as much protection from drops, while cases like the Otter Box are simply too obtrusive for my taste. Risk/reward is what it's all about.

9. adambodkins

adambodkins Member
    Bronze

I have the the incase slider from my iPhone 4. It fits the 4s perfect. I too wanted to be able to put mine on my ihome (for charging as well as music playing out loud). I have an ihome at work and at home. The incase was the best bet in opinion as it offers SOME ( not as much as an otterbox( too bulk) ) but it does protect from drops and scratches on the back and sides. And the bottom of the case slides off to be able to dock the phone.