New 4S owner needs protection

timmyinnis

Oct 14, 2011
New Apple owner with a 4S needs protection.

I wanted to see if I could get some ideas on what kind of case would be good for my situation.

All my other phones I only used invisible shield or somthing like that. Never had a problem with a cracked screen but...

I was really thinking about a full body case (except the screen) case to help protect the screen from shocks against drops. I like the idea of the batery cases, anyone have personal experience with them? 20.00 overseas version VS 80.00 version etc. Does it help protect from drops? does the 2 piece cases snap apart during a drop. Making protection useless?

Another main concern I want a charging (stand-cradle-dock what ever you want to call it). Something that will charge the phone standing up on the desk. From what I can find, is all the battery cases change the Apple connector over to the mini or micro usb connectors but then I don't find any mini-micro usb charging docks for the iPhones.

Any ideas what can be done?

Thanks

Oct 3, 2009
I don't think any of the high protection cases....Otterbox, Lifeproof, Ballistic....allow the easy use of a dock.

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
For me it's about balancing protection with usability and not adding too much bulk. I use a *Speck Candyshell case ("Batwing Black") and a basic screen protector. Slimmer cases don't offer as much protection from drops, while cases like the Otter Box are simply too obtrusive for my taste. Risk/reward is what it's all about.

adambodkins

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
I have the the incase slider from my iPhone 4. It fits the 4s perfect. I too wanted to be able to put mine on my ihome (for charging as well as music playing out loud). I have an ihome at work and at home. The incase was the best bet in opinion as it offers SOME ( not as much as an otterbox( too bulk) ) but it does protect from drops and scratches on the back and sides. And the bottom of the case slides off to be able to dock the phone.