New Agent 18 case pictures

xwtfbrendan

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
Connecticut, USA
Hey guys, just wanted to share with you some pics of it, and highly recommend if you don't have a case to put the money into this one. Awesome case and VERY sleek design.

Last edited by a moderator:

scott99

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
Great Neck, NYC
I have the Agent18, I like it somewhat, but it's not my favorite case, especially since it seems to scratch the bezel (on mine at least). A friend of mine has the Switcheasy Capsule, and though very similar, I like it a lot more, and plan to purchase it with the clip. I also have the Seidio Hybrid Combo, which I REALLY like. It's very slim, and looks very classy with the clip combo, but it does have the one flaw, which is the clickiness which has been discussed many times.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
I have this case and love it, though I'm slightly paranoid that it might be scratching my phone. So I may look into another option, but I still recommend the case. Apple store reps say it only scratches if you take it on and off a lot

funkeruski

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
My agent 18 has definitely scratched my phone, but I'm long past giving a damn about such a minor issue. I plan to have a case which covers the chrome anyway.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
yeah that's pretty much how I feel. Plus if the case us in you don't see the "scratches" anyway

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i love mine (two of them). No scratching issues here.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i have the agent 18 clear and there are no scratches on my iPhone

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
no scratches on my iPhone with the agent 18 case on. i just make sure to wipe the phone clean before putting the case on.

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
how hard is that plastic? I have the isee and its damn strong and very rigid. but its a bit bulky, so im looking for something as strong but slimmer.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
how hard is that plastic? I have the isee and its damn strong and very rigid. but its a bit bulky, so im looking for something as strong but slimmer.
The plastic is hard, i'm not sure how else to answer the question. Its like any other solid plastic object. you could snap it if you were holding one of the pieces in your hand without the phone it, but when the phone is inside the case its like a hard covering..

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
i know sounded stupid. i just wanted to make sure it wasn't like a soft rubbery plastic.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
no scratches on my iPhone with the agent 18 case on. i just make sure to wipe the phone clean before putting the case on.
Most people don't think of doing this. Scratches usually come from some kind of debri which may be trapped inside. At which point, sliding the case on and off causes whatever is in it to do the scratching.

Good Advice!

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
i know sounded stupid. i just wanted to make sure it wasn't like a soft rubbery plastic.
Not a stupid question at all! You wouldn't have any idea if it were hard or soft without asking. I haven't purchased any of the rubber cases yet; I will soon.

On another note, I don't think hard/soft really offers much protection when dropped from 6 feet onto concrete anyway! :p

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Oh sorry man, i wasn't saying your question was stupid, i was saying my response was because you asked if it was hard and i pretty much said "yes it is hard". There was absolutely nothing wrong in asking about the material of a case you don't own. I highly recommend the case btw!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
On another note, I don't think hard/soft really offers much protection when dropped from 6 feet onto concrete anyway! :p
you don't? seems to me that a harder case would be less likely to deform under pressure, and thereforee protect better against dents, dings, and such. granted, any INTERNAL damage would be just the same...

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
you don't? seems to me that a harder case would be less likely to deform under pressure, and thereforee protect better against dents, dings, and such. granted, any INTERNAL damage would be just the same...
well you could argue that a soft case, such as one of the many rubber cases, would do a better job of absorbing the impact and thus have better protection? just a thought. I didn't buy my case based on its saftey upon dropping it...i bought mine because i like having protection in my hand so i don't feel i need to hold it delicately.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
perhaps, but i wouldn't think any case that is a usable thickness could provide much shock absorption.

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
I don't think I'd like the rubbery just cause of it being kinda sticky against fabric and it'd be a pain to get in and out of my pocket. Plus I think the hard plastic has the best protection