New App - Customize ( aka Dock Swap )

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

andrew79

Bronze
Aug 27, 2007
Dock Swap just got revamped, it's pretty sweet , now you can switch images for

Carrier Logo
Dock Background
Badge Graphics
Ring Graphics
Mute Graphics
Silent Graphics
Speaker Graphics

Last edited by a moderator:

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Make sure you also install Designer Image Set and Default Image Set under "Images" from the Installer.
Great app!

jakkyl

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
EDIT: Figured out how to get this to work. Name the lighter of the 2 logos "logo.png" and the darker of the 2 logos "logo-1.png" and place them in the same folder. Then you will get the proper color changes accordingly.

I love it except it doesn't let you change both the light and the dark carrier logos. Hopefully that is fixed soon.

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
i have my carrier saying cingular now!
It would be nice if we can add verison, sprint or other carriers in the carrier name and freak out people. Let them think that we are now able to use it on cdma format networks. It's just plain evil, cause I already know some people that I can fool. Hehehehehehehe.:laugh2:

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Ugh, I knew I shouldn't have bothered with this thing: it screwed up my original AT&T logo even after I used the "backup" icon and then uninstalled this app altogether. Now I only have one AT&T icon and when I go to say Notes it looks like crap.

I don't like any app that doesn't allow me to go back to where I was before installing it. I'm on the road right now and don't have the time to futz around with getting the original icons back.

--
Mike

eggdesign

Sep 11, 2007
Ugh, I knew I shouldn't have bothered with this thing: it screwed up my original AT&T logo even after I used the "backup" icon and then uninstalled this app altogether. Now I only have one AT&T icon and when I go to say Notes it looks like crap.

I don't like any app that doesn't allow me to go back to where I was before installing it. I'm on the road right now and don't have the time to futz around with getting the original icons back.

--
Mike

Agreed - I'm kinda pissed at the dev because of this... liking the clean look of SummerBoard with Louie Mantia theme... but now I have the ugly grey AT&T logo! arrrrrrgh!

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Agreed - I'm kinda pissed at the dev because of this... liking the clean look of SummerBoard with Louie Mantia theme... but now I have the ugly grey AT&T logo! arrrrrrgh!
Yep, I much prefer Summerboard's themes too. And I don't think Dock/Custom is able to even change the dock when you use Summerboard themes. So that takes away most of its functionality--and I have zero desire to change the volume and ringer graphics.

So that pretty much left the carrier logo. And it couldn't even do that right.

--
Mike

jeepshots

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
The only thing I wanted from Dockswap is the completely transparent dock, for the minidock for Summerboard. I've got all my icons hidden, 'cept the dock. See? I have no need to upgrade to Customize. Might just get rid of DockSwap and work with Summerboard alone, now that I got the transparent minidock graphic copied over to Summerboard...

Last edited by a moderator: