New App - Nightglow Web Browser

MrAL

Mar 27, 2009
Hey guys.

Just wanted everyone to know that Synthereal has released an exciting and great new browser application called Nightglow for the iPhone and the iPod Touch.

It has helpful features like a built in brightness filter, built in google/youtube/wikipedia search and many more. But best of all, the tab system is completely different from the rest of the browsers available for the iPhone/iPod Touch. Anything that the firefox tabs can do, Nightglow can do too. Such as Favicons, open links, searches and bookmarks on a new tab without losing your current tab.

Please check out the full features by clicking the link below.
http://www.nightglow.info/pc/en/index.html

Thanks.

App Name: Nightglow
Version: 1.00
Released April 16, 2009

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
The app looks pretty good. I'll probably buy it to try out later today.

I'd really like to see the browser available in both orientations, but with an auto-rotate lock. There's another browser that incorporates that. Can you provide that in a future upgrade?

MrAL

Mar 27, 2009
This application was inspired by the people having problems with the auto rotate that Safari had. Nightglow has NO AUTO ROTATE. You can turn it any way you want and it won't rotate on you. =)

In the future, we were thinking of having a setting where you can have a choice of landscape or portrait. But this version does not have that yet.

MrAL

Mar 27, 2009
We would appreciate it if you could leave reviews about the application. Suggestions or comments would be really helpful.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Thanks for the prompt reply. I bought it anyway, and it looks like it could be a great browser. It looks as if a lot of work went into developing this. Let me use it a bit and I'll post an honest review.

However, I think a lot of people are going to want the landscape option eventually. :)

mitchellm4

Bronze
Jan 21, 2009
Greensboro, NC
first impressions: love the UI, i could pick it up and already pretty much knew how to use it. i really love the tab system. it is super easy and convenient. overall, it is a great browser and i would recommend it to anyone who has any problem with safari, or if you are just looking to make things a little easier.

MrAL

Mar 27, 2009
We wanted to keep everything simple. If you have any suggestions, we would love to hear it.

Just a little tip, you can also change the positions of the tabs. Just drag and drop. :laugh2:

first impressions: love the UI, i could pick it up and already pretty much knew how to use it. i really love the tab system. it is super easy and convenient. overall, it is a great browser and i would recommend it to anyone who has any problem with safari, or if you are just looking to make things a little easier.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
We wanted to keep everything simple. If you have any suggestions, we would love to hear it.

Just a little tip, you can also change the positions of the tabs. Just drag and drop. :laugh2:
I noticed that. :)

Is saving images to the camera roll reserved for only Safari on the iPhone? Just curious...

MrAL

Mar 27, 2009
I'm sorry but i don't know the answer to that question. I only have an iPod touch. I'll see if i can get you an answer.

Is saving images to the camera roll reserved for only Safari on the iPhone? Just curious...

MrAL

Mar 27, 2009
Okay.. I think I know what you mean now. You mean saving pictures from the net to your iPhone right? I noticed safari can do that. Unfortunately, Nightglow can't do that right now. Maybe in the next update, we can add that in.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I've just purchased the app, overall I like
it. I'm not going to deny I like safari as it's what I use on a daily basis.

Like mentioned above.. The UI is nicely put together. I also couldn't agree more about the top bar, that would be nice if it vanished when not in use- along with the status bar.

Good app. Look forward to updates

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
The ability to lock in landscape mode and to save pictures from the web would pretty much complete the app for me.
That would finish it off for me as well. I wish they had an auto-rotate lock for safari :)

Especially when your lay down or something, looking at new things to buy and your screen's spinning round.. gets frustrating :(

Oh i wish i was jailbroken again, i loved the rotate lock! (but with 3.0 FW obviously)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
They don't want us to have too much control.

End of the day, it's been done, it'll be done again. It wouldn't hurt Apple to put it in. But saying that... isn't that the logical thing to do?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Guys, keep sending Apple feedback to their suggestion site requesting a global rotation lock. I, as well as some others here, have suggested it a few times, but it's still not in the 3.0 beta :(

MrAL

Mar 27, 2009
Wow i missed a lot. I've noted all your suggestions and hopefully in the next update, we can include those suggestions. We appreciate all your comments.