New App: Pirate - Yaaarrrrr

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Pretty simple, and fun, can't wait to try it out on my friends...

It's a camera toy, you size up a shot of your subject and then move a pirate hat, mustache, parrot and beard onto them. You can move the objects around to make the shot look better. Once you find something funny, click Snap :)

ChemicalWeather

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
Pretty simple, and fun, can't wait to try it out on my friends...

It's a camera toy, you size up a shot of your subject and then move a pirate hat, mustache, parrot and beard onto them. You can move the objects around to make the shot look better. Once you find something funny, click Snap :)
good idea... except the image quality of the pirate objects are low. and you cant use the objects on any previously taken pictures, would be nice to see some more things like this though

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I would like a clown one, and then have the option to punch it with a boxing glove.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
good idea... except the image quality of the pirate objects are low. and you cant use the objects on any previously taken pictures, would be nice to see some more things like this though
I just realized the images are in the application root. I'll have better quality replacements soon.

vtec236

Sep 11, 2007
Colorado
I love this app it is fun to mess around with, but i agree lets have more options, Clown, Master Chief, Maids?,

also my mustache is crooked?

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I'm in the process of making an update for this actually.

I have stock photography of wigs, beards and hats without heads in them. They've also been channeled out for alpha transparencies, so that will allow me to get rid of the annoying white edges around the costume pieces.

I've been having trouble with my Clown mod, I can't seem to get a general face makeup that would work well on a lot of face types. I suppose it doesn't "have" to be perfect, but thats pretty much what has been hanging me up on releasing them, lol.

I wanted to call the clown one, iClownU

:p

ZodiacfreaK

Bronze
Jan 11, 2007
I am also interested in modding this app a bit, any way to get the source code? I want to release a custom version.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I'm not actually touching any code, just the png files.

Most sources are posted on the dev's homepage so you should be in luck.

colombianito

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
I'm not actually touching any code, just the png files.

Most sources are posted on the dev's homepage so you should be in luck.
could you please provide a link to the dev team's webpage?..thank you

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
in a useless sort of way, this is a great app! Lots of fun and seems to demonstrate cool capabilities of the iPhone to someone else. What cooler way to show off your iPhone quickly than to take a picture of the numbnuts you are showing?

Highly anticipating future releases... Post haste!

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
in a useless sort of way, this is a great app! Lots of fun and seems to demonstrate cool capabilities of the iPhone to someone else. What cooler way to show off your iPhone quickly than to take a picture of the numbnuts you are showing?

Highly anticipating future releases... Post haste!
yes I had a lot of fun with this app on Talk Like a Pirate day, the week before last.

Matter of fact this app sold an iPhone: I showed it to a girl I was training (I was on a businesss trip in Texas) and she was so impressed she told her husband all she wanted for their upcoming anniversary was an iPhone. The next day he dropped off an iPhone for her. She has been in heaven ever since.

--
Mike