New App: "Tap Tap Revolution" - like Dance Dance Revolution, except with your fingers

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I think this is the most creative game yet for the iPhone! I was laughing while I was playing it because it's just such a funny idea. Download it through Installer (and if you don't know what that is, click here.)

What do you guys think of it?

Last edited by a moderator:

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I think this is the most creative game yet for the iPhone! I was laughing while I was playing it because it's just such a funny idea. Download it through Installer (and if you don't know what that is, click here.)

What do you guys think of it?
Nice. But it always kicks me out. I don't know if it’s because I suck or it just crashes on me. Where does it store the downloaded songs? I don’t want it to be lingering in my iPhone when I uninstall the application. I already know that it’s still there because I already tried uninstalling and reinstalled the application.:laugh2:

Last edited by a moderator:

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Nice. But it always kicks me out. I don't know if it’s because I suck or it just crashes on me. Where does it store the downloaded songs? I don’t want it to be lingering in my iPhone when I uninstall the application. I already know that it’s still there because I already tried uninstalling and reinstalled the application.:laugh2:
Since it's so new, I really don't know where it's putting the songs. Probably in the same directory as the app, which would be Applications/TTR.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Great concept, it's a little early but it has great promise.

The biggest, and most obvious issue is the star bursts which are being used as the tap markers. The problem with the star bursts the way they are being used is that their alpha transparencies overlap and mesh together. This makes it very hard to distinguish 5 taps in a row from 4 or 3. Anything which impedes the core gameplay like that is an action item in the games industry. It's an artificial level of difficulty that has been introduced into the game. The game's engine is tempo/timing, not learning how to discern the difference in trail length between 5 taps and 4 taps.

Hope to see that ironed out.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Music is all subjective really.

If anything I would hope the introduction of using your own music becomes a reality. It can create the tap patterns based on the song's waveform. I wouldn't put it past NateTrue to come up with something like that.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
So when is this going to be network ready so I can turn you guys out? :cool:

We could have an EiP 'Tap Off'.

Or tapping with the stars if we can find some celebs that have iPhones.

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
I like it. It's like a cross between "Dance Dance Revolution" and "Guitar Hero". It would be cool if we could use tunes from our iPod section. It would also be nice if the feedback would pop up higher on the screen. My fingers are in the way! Great effort though. Kudos to the developer!

The songs are probably provided free-of-charge by the bands. If you don't like them suggest some that the developer can incorporate for free. So, like, no Metallica for you.

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I’m still trying to find where it saves the songs. Do any of you know where it gets stored? I checked the ttr folder and it doesn't seem to be there. Thanks.

xSoNiCcRaCkErSx

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
hmmmm... my game doesn't work in serveral ways, anyone else having this problem? maybe im just overlooking something here.

playing the game with the downloaded songs, i always get booted out to the main screen either 5 or 15 secs into it depending on which song (I know im not failing because my score is well over 2000 and i see a lot of sweets!)

I just tapped out a whole song and now the song isn't available for me to play, i went to the iTunes folder and for the songs it shows (which i never did anything to) it says its failed to find the library file.

am i missing something here or is this just the "beta woes"? i find that other people have successfully completed songs and have tapped out their own beats but i dunno.