New App Tap

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tizzle

Bronze
Oct 20, 2007
I'm still on 1.0.2 as well. No problems either. I don't know why they say 1.1.1 recommended. Is there a full jailbreak yet for the new firmware?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I use it on 1.1.1 and it works just as well as it did on 1.0.2.
And yes, there is a full jailbreak for 1.1.1.

tizzle

Bronze
Oct 20, 2007
Everyone I know says don't upgrade. Is there any advantages to upgrading? I always like to keep my gadgets updated and it's killing me to not update.​

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Everyone I know says don't upgrade. Is there any advantages to upgrading? I always like to keep my gadgets updated and it's killing me to not update.​
I updated within 1 day of getting my iPhone. I lost the ability to install custom ringtones, but thats being worked on. I gained the iTunes music store. I've jailbreaked 3 iPhones all with firmware 1.1.1

I don't feel that upgrading has been a disadvantage at all; now that everything that could be done with 1.0.2 can be done with 1.1.1

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I updated to 1.1.1 and tried every method to jailbreak my phone but nothing is working. I think it might be a crap shoot, works with some phones, others it doesn't. I now have a stock phone with NO Apps. Yes, I'm angry...M

On the contrary..., I held out this long to update my iTunes to 1.1.1 until today. I followed the directions to iJailbreaker, and then reinstalled everything. Works just fine with me! Now I have the updated firmware/iTunes, and all my apps. The only thing that I didn't get back was my summerboard, but I don't even care since I have iToner for ringtones, and the rest of the apps I originally had. JUST FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS- simple!

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
On the contrary..., I held out this long to update my iTunes to 1.1.1 until today. I followed the directions to iJailbreaker, and then reinstalled everything. Works just fine with me! Now I have the updated firmware/iTunes, and all my apps. The only thing that I didn't get back was my summerboard, but I don't even care since I have iToner for ringtones, and the rest of the apps I originally had. JUST FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS- simple!
I don't dispute that it worked for you as it did for many other's. I told the OP that it's a crap shoot, because it is. 3P Apps on 1.1.1 is not working for everyone. I followed the directions on several different methods of jailbreaking and it wouldn't happen, works for some, other's it doesn't. M

tizzle

Bronze
Oct 20, 2007
my phone already had it when I bought it. does your phone have the installer button? if not I think app tapp is from nullriver.com. btw I'm not risking the upgrade. it's too risky. I was never good at craps. it took me forever to get the wifi to work. I can imagine the frustration if the jailbreak did't work.

SkyyBoy

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Hawaii
On the contrary..., I held out this long to update my iTunes to 1.1.1 until today. I followed the directions to iJailbreaker, and then reinstalled everything. Works just fine with me!
I just wish that iBrickr was updated to accommodate 1.1.1. Those of us with windows are unable to use iJailbreaker... When they finally update iBrickr (or port iJailbreaker) and also update iPhoneringtonemaker, then I will probably apply the 1.1.1 patch

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I just wish that iBrickr was updated to accommodate 1.1.1. Those of us with windows are unable to use iJailbreaker... When they finally update iBrickr (or port iJailbreaker) and also update iPhoneringtonemaker, then I will probably apply the 1.1.1 patch
Try WinSCP instead of ibrickr for now, until ibrickr is updated. Also, there is a beta of the new iPhoneringtonemaker, it works, though some ppl are reporting that they've had to repeatedly send the ringtone to the phone to get it to work (myself included), but it's worth it.

edit: OK, it's not a beta, it's still an alpha, but it works.

bfakhroo

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
guys theres a new update to app tapp other than the one you were talking about previously.. did anyone tried it on 1.0.2? i had app tapp version 2 and about 1 week ago i updated to version 3.0before and now when opened app tapp yesterday it says that there an update... i didn't want to risk and update since im on 1.0.2 so if anyone did updated whether on 1.0.2/1.1.1 please post the new features, etc. if possble.......thanks

tizzle

Bronze
Oct 20, 2007
ya i updated it on my v1.0.2 and no problems. I'm not upgrading to 1.1.1 until i really have to. Features include Donations to developers, LinkPath, RestartSpringBoard, PlatformNamels, FirmwareVersionls,Confirm, Notice, ExecNoError, "hash" tag added.

Oct 8, 2007
i did the jailbreak me up date for 1.1.1.. I want to put the summerboard on the phone .. just don't know where to put the files pls need help ....

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
i did the jailbreak me up date for 1.1.1.. I want to put the summerboard on the phone .. just don't know where to put the files pls need help ....
Dragon, you need more details bro. What jailbreak method did you use? Is the Installer app icon on your phone?

I installed Summerboard 3.0a11 from the installer app and it works fine for me. I jailbroke and got the installer app on the phone, then I loaded up the Community Sources on installer. Then installed Summerboard. Its a little unstable but good enough.