New App!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

brojimh

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Morris, AL
DockSwap allows you to change the dock image on your iPhone, FROM your iPhone. The app pulls images from /private/var/root/Library/DockSwap/ and then separate folder per category. So if you want them separated by Movies, Landscapes, etc, you would set up those folders within the DockSwap directory, and put dock images in each respective folder.

Dock images can be named whatever you’d like, DockSwap will automatically rename them and apply them as you set them. They should be interlaced .png files. And yes, it DOES play nice with SummerBoard!
Available via Installer.app or http://code.google.com/p/dockswap/.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
DockSwap allows you to change the dock image on your iPhone, FROM your iPhone. The app pulls images from /private/var/root/Library/DockSwap/ and then separate folder per category. So if you want them separated by Movies, Landscapes, etc, you would set up those folders within the DockSwap directory, and put dock images in each respective folder.

Dock images can be named whatever you’d like, DockSwap will automatically rename them and apply them as you set them. They should be interlaced .png files. And yes, it DOES play nice with SummerBoard!
Available via Installer.app or http://code.google.com/p/dockswap/.

im trying to use this but i get noting .. the dock swap is empty i see that you have pics there. how do i get pics?

thanks

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
If you are using installer app you need to download both the dock swap and the dock swap images package ... I did the same thing you did at first. That should def work they will pop up. And there is an update that i think came out for it today too with good mirrored docks...

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
If you are using installer app you need to download both the dock swap and the dock swap images package ... I did the same thing you did at first. That should def work they will pop up. And there is an update that i think came out for it today too with good mirrored docks...
yes im using apptapp.. thanks ... ill give it a try

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
maybe a little more help...? i installed this app (dock Swap) and then it was empty so i uninstalled it . that is when i came to this forum to ask for help ........ then i went back into apptapp and noe the dock swap is gone... any ideas?

thanks

paintdude258

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I downloaded dockswap, and then just created a new folder under the root specified above in the first post! then just uploaded my docks into that folder and they showed right up in my dockswap program!

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i got it to work... i just turned off and on my phone and it worked ..

Im using borring brown... i like it !

the only think that i don't like is that the dock swap icon is still there.. but for free.... its awsome!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
It was just updated, it now includes images that have the reflection that iPod touch has. Pretty neat.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
quck help please

i installed that summerboard but then decided that i didn't like it ... before i could install that i had to install BSD subsystem.. it was 6mb i took off summerboard and now i don't want it (BSD) now it wont let me uninstall via the uninstall button.. all i get is the update button... is there a way to uninstall this? thanks

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
i got it to work... i just turned off and on my phone and it worked ..

Im using borring brown... i like it !

the only think that i don't like is that the dock swap icon is still there.. but for free.... its awsome!
The absolute best way to hide icons is to use both the dock 2.0 app and the rSBT app all fount on installer app. With rSBT you can arrange and rearrange your icons including hide them. So once you hide the ugly icons you don't want you can use the dock 2.0 app (which is the starburst thing) to access all the hidden ones when you need them. Now you have a nice clean springboard free of ugly icons and you still have all the programs. Thats what I and i have found a new love for my iPhone ...

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
dockswap help

ok i have been using this and love it ... the only thing is that i had a dock made and i really want to use that.. all that im using is apptapp. suggestions?

thanks

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Yeah, how in the heck do you add your own dock images to this program? It wasn't very clear as to how, yet it assumes we will all like the dock images supplied. Here's a hint, I don't.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
i concur with what hes saying.
Figured it out, as you can see below I have a different dock. It's just a rework of the original, I just wanted to see if it worked or not before I put some time in to making a real one.

To add your own, just browse to this folder:

var/root/Library/Dockswap/

From there, add your own folder, I called mine 999

Upload your image to that folder..

and Dockswap will list it just like the others:

Last edited by a moderator:

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
Figured it out, as you can see below I have a different dock. It's just a rework of the original, I just wanted to see if it worked or not before I put some time in to making a real one.

To add your own, just browse to this folder:

var/root/Library/Dockswap/

From there, add your own folder, I called mine 999

Upload your image to that folder..

and Dockswap will list it just like the others:

this is exacualy what ive been trying to do for a long time.. all i have is apptapp.. can i do it with this?

please help .. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I take it you don't have a way to have your computer talk to your iPhone?

If so, I have the same situation at work, and the solution is iShare, which you can download from apptap/installer.app (or whatever its called now). Goto sendspace.com in safari and create an account, it's the most reliable way. Then once you're account has been verified via the email link click process, you can upload files from your desktop to your sendspace account and download them to your iPhone using iShare.

It's also possible to create an account from within iShare however I have not done it personally, I have seen others here having problems with that method, but the developers assure me it works.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
I take it you don't have a way to have your computer talk to your iPhone?

If so, I have the same situation at work, and the solution is iShare, which you can download from apptap/installer.app (or whatever its called now). Goto sendspace.com in safari and create an account, it's the most reliable way. Then once you're account has been verified via the email link click process, you can upload files from your desktop to your sendspace account and download them to your iPhone using iShare.

It's also possible to create an account from within iShare however I have not done it personally, I have seen others here having problems with that method, but the developers assure me it works.

yes this is my situation ... im going to try it.. hope that it works!

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i did the whole prosses.. i sent it to the asccount and i go to download it on the phone then i get like 100 folders .. i don't know where that file is .. hahaha i know that thisis dumb but i cant get it

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
man thanks soo much .. i got it and it was soo cool ... thanks for al the help...

ok i know that im pushing it with this but is there a way to change the icons with this or a similar method.....?

thanks