New Application MyLocation

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 29, 2007
A new application has been released call MyLocation. It is much like Navizon but free and I think better. It shows your location through Google Maps. It is pretty good and as I have heard works all around the world.

It gets the signal of local cell towers and from there shows location from there. After that just look around and you and can find out where you are.

Add http://www.sanoodi.com/iPhone to your sources and download from there. I am going to try it out tonight and post back in the morning.

Sep 29, 2007
sorry guys but we all were a little too late. Google has asked the developers to suspend the application.

Rumors are that it may be a sign that Google and Apple are working together into creating a gps device through google maps using the cell towers. I got to try it out last night before it was suspended and this morning it wouldn't work. I will say it worked great and was in a half mile of where I am. Maybe expect something usefull in the next firmware.

colombianito

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
if it was my project, I wouldn't had removed it unless I was voilating some laws or maybe abusing some patents... Weird... Do you have the project home page ? I would like to check it out... Thanks...