New AT&T shared data packages

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mthoroughbred, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Contributor
    Silver

What do you guys think about AT&T shared data packages. All their shared data packages are bundled with unlimited txt and talk. I hope I'm not voilating any rules by posting the website where it shows the article. http://m.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=23687

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

Attached Files:

2. Bluewing

Bluewing Member
    Bronze

We have 2 smartphones and 3 dumb phones on my family plan. And it seems to be more expensive to move to the new shared plans.

3. Girdler

Girdler Contributor
    Bronze

I don't have AT&T, but I switched to the shared plan with Verizon. There are two iPhones on my account, it's $50 cheaper a month on the shared plan, plus I get unlimited minutes with it.

4. Mthoroughbred

Silver

That's how it seems AT&T is doing as well. I have an iPhone 4 with grandfathered unlimited data and Nokia lumia 900 with 3gb of data ($30) and another windows phone 7 with 200mb ($15). And the 10gb shared data plan with unlimited talk and txt is the same price as my current plan.

5. JFN

JFN Member
    Bronze

Well I went to the shared plan and was very sorry, long story, but when I canceled it 1 week later I found out with the shared plan you loose no charge mobile to any mobile talk and text.! That was not disclosed when I went to the plan. Lets all be very careful out there as when any carrier comes up with a new plan it is more money for them, sorry this was AT&T.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. styfle

styfle Zealot
    Gold

Wow these shared plans look like nothing but trouble. I don't see any advantage.

7. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

JFN how can that be ? the 23rd has not happened and that is the day AT&T will start offering the plan ?

8. Kobel1up

Kobel1up Member
    Bronze

I have talked to Verizon about shared data. I have unlimited data, if I go to shared I lose that. Now that's good for them because the new iPhone should have 4glte. That means very fast surfing on on limited data. I'm not that stupid. I will get the new iPhone and burn up the data, just because they are being sneaky about it.

9. Mthoroughbred

Silver

I think he meant family plan. Which if he did data sharing plan and family plan are 2 different things.

10. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I'm getting a headache. I read some of this yesterday and I am not switching unless they force me to when I buy the new iPhone. This time I will be buying the iPhone directly from Apple intead of AT&T. Last year it was a nightmare getting the iPhone 4S from AT&T! It took them over eight weeks to charge my card for the purchase. I got so sick of looking at the grip in my account when AT&T shoulda just taken the $.

I just hope AT&T changes my date and I am eligible for the new iPhone. I don't want to miss this upgrade. I'm keeping my Family Unlimited Plan for as long as I can until, like I said, they force me off.

11. SMELTN

SMELTN Member
    Bronze

Trying to decide what to do myself. I have 2 smart phones and 2 dumbphones now, but looking to make it 3 smartphones and 1 dumbphone once the iPhone 5 comes out.
    I use about 4gigs every month but of course 1gig of that is throttled as of the past few months..
    My wife has 2gigs and the new plan we want to add another 2gig

12. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

How come the 6GB plan with 5 phones would be $265 and the 10GB plan with 5 phone would be $270? Only $5 more for 4 more GB? Am I calculating right?

13. Bluewing

Bluewing Member
    Bronze

I've seen other people say that as well. It seems silly

14. JFN

JFN Member
    Bronze

Excuse me, disregard the data plan it was shared family talk,text ECT. With that said, I believe the question to ask is: What am I loosing? Remember everything ALL the carriers are doing is coming up with schemes to get absolutely as much money out of your pocket into theirs.

15. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I was excited about the Shared data until I went on their website to check it out.

If I do 4 gig for 2 iPhones, (Mine and My Wife) It's 150.
    If I do 6 gigs for 2 iPhones, it's 160.

I'm paying 161 now, for family rollover, with unlimited text, and unlimited data on both phones.
    They need to sweeten the pot a little bit.

If I could get their plan to include 1 phone, then 40 for each additional device, I might could save a little.
    But I am not sure they thought these plans out that well. They should have consulted me first. lol

16. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I guess people are forgetting about being throttled to the point of being useless after 3gb's with unlimited.

17. Mthoroughbred

Silver

I with you on that. You're not really getting a deal. If like you said they would include the primary line in the plan and then charge $45-$30 each additional line then I would say its with it. But for now I'll hold on to my unlimited data and even if they throttle it at 3gb which I never get to that much why change it.

18. Shodogger

Shodogger New Member

It's not the actual plans that are bad, it's the additional monthly charge for your type of phone that omits the discount.

19. Mthoroughbred

Silver

what do you mean?!? I'm a little slow lol!