New AT&T?

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
Hey everyone

Remember a few weeks ago when the new iPhone ads were released? Well, I only just watched them, and noticed that they say 'Only on the new att', which I found strange, so I watched the rest of the ads, and they too say this; What does it mean? What's the significance of the 'new'?

Thanks,
Arran

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
i think this is in relation to their take-over of cingular (there have been a lot of iterations in the past 10 years or so - AT&T wireless provided celluar service, then was taken over by cingular, and then AT&T recently took over cingular so we're back to AT&T wireless) - they made that an opportunity to do a little re-branding at the same time...

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
i think this is in relation to their take-over of cingular (there have been a lot of iterations in the past 10 years or so - AT&T wireless provided celluar service, then was taken over by cingular, and then AT&T recently took over cingular so we're back to AT&T wireless) - they made that an opportunity to do a little re-branding at the same time...
That is correct. When ATT took over Cingular, they used the slogan to get the word out.