New battery

tom112089

Bronze
Jul 30, 2010
Ok I need some help. My phone was shutting off randomly and always dying between 25 and 30 present. I bought the phone in November of 2009 so that's almost 2 yrs. I read it could be a battery issue. So now I just took my 3GS apart changed the battery and put it back together. At first the mother board wasn't lined up and I thought I broke it but anyway my question is this. My phone is back together and up and running now. I need to know what do I do know like is there anything els I have to do or just charge to 100 then kill it to 0 then to 100 again?

tom112089

Bronze
Jul 30, 2010
Ooo ok cause I charged to 100 lastnite and now this morning it still seems to be draining awfuly fast 10 present in 45 mins. Will killing it and bringing it back up then hard reset fix that. I probably should have hard reset when I put the new battery in.

Alan J

Aug 14, 2011
It may well be that the device battery gauge needs calibrating to give a accurate reading, as illusion entity posted.

My 3G went like that and a hard reset did the trick

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Alan J

Aug 14, 2011
Maybe normally though this can be solved by doing a restore and syncing again. I used to play a lot with Blackberries and the BB storm1 had a major battery fault after a software upgrade. This was fixed by a java wipe and a reinstallation of the operating system. Which is what iTunes does when you restore your device. Just remember to back up by syncing the iPhone before you restore it

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app