New build of OS X 10.8.4 is out; evidence of 802.11ac support found

Discussion in 'Mac OS X' started by Rafagon, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Apple has seeded OS X 10.8.4 build 12E33a to developers, just over a week after the previous build was released. Interestingly, it was previously reported by 9to5Mac on April 9th that there is code in 10.8.4 which suggests that Apple may be bringing the new 802.11ac wireless networking standard to OS X. This new networking standard has some significant benefits over 802.11n, and you can learn more about some of these here. A list of hardware which supports this new standard is available here.

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

The release of OS X 10.8.4 is imminent, as Apple Inc. has closed the Software Update Project on May 31st, notes AppleInsider. A grand total of eight beta versions were released by Apple Inc. After all this waiting and anticipation, 10.8.4 better pack some good features. Will it cure headaches* by beaming brief pulses of electromagnetic radiation to the forehead of the afflicted user? Will it include a revamped Siri that speaks a multitude of langauges, including Xhosa and Armenian? Will it be endorsed by Betty White?

What are your thoughts?

220px-Migraine.jpg

*A woman suffering from a headache.

3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

OS X 10.8.4 was released yesterday. I installed it without incident. I don't think it had anything for me. iMessages may or may not be flowing in the correct order now (I really haven't bothered to determine if they are or aren't), but I can tell you that their arrival on my MBA is far from simultaneous with their arrival on my iPhone.

If you're interested in reading more about 10.8.4, follow this link.

4. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Messages is working a lot better for me. About damn time. I can't believe it was that complicated to fix.