New Business iPhone in 2008

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

shambaugh

Oct 26, 2007
I have read a lot of speculation on the "businesss iPhone" coming in 2008. Like everyone else nosing around in these forums; I want a better iPhone - 3g, video capture and possibly conferencing, etc.

We at my businesss have At&t for our businesss plan. The Rep called the other day and asked how everything was going with our plan. I told him we just bought 2 new iPhones and asked if there was and businesss discount he could do for us. He said that he could in January WHEN THE NEW BUSINESS iPhone COMES OUT! I tried to get details from him, but all he was told was to expect it first of the year.

Anyone know the details of what the phone REALLY will have? (we all can imagine what would be good additions to the phone, but someone out there must KNOW what it will be like.)

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Exactly. I went to the AT&T store today and purchased two iPhones. The sales person told me (he was a mgr) I had 30 days to return the phones, should I not want them. Even if I had opened the box, I could return them for a full refund.

Go figure!

I have read a lot of speculation on the "businesss iPhone" coming in 2008. Like everyone else nosing around in these forums; I want a better iPhone - 3g, video capture and possibly conferencing, etc.

We at my businesss have At&t for our businesss plan. The Rep called the other day and asked how everything was going with our plan. I told him we just bought 2 new iPhones and asked if there was and businesss discount he could do for us. He said that he could in January WHEN THE NEW BUSINESS iPhone COMES OUT! I tried to get details from him, but all he was told was to expect it first of the year.

Anyone know the details of what the phone REALLY will have? (we all can imagine what would be good additions to the phone, but someone out there must KNOW what it will be like.)

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Exactly. I went to the AT&T store today and purchased two iPhones. The sales person told me (he was a mgr) I had 30 days to return the phones, should I not want them. Even if I had opened the box, I could return them for a full refund.

Go figure!
He either didn't know what he was talking about... Imagine That! Or only said it in hopes that you run home, open, maybe return on day 30 just to find out your 16 days too late and it'll cost you 10%.

GSA190

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
New York
What major changes would be on the phone? You said conference calling and I'm pretty sure the iPhone already has conference calling.

Khris

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Edmonton, AB
The "Business iPhone" is probably just some new rate plan to try entice more businesss clients into buying an iPhone, or perhaps something like Push email on the iPhone.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.

Go figure!
No, he wasn't on crack. ATT offers 30 days, Apple has 14 days, plus 10% restock. That is true. If you search the forums, you'll find other members talking about this when the phone came out, and again when the price dropped.

That said, most ATT guys are full of crap and have no idea what the hell they are talking about. :D

maclaptopuser

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
most ATT guys are full of crap and have no idea what the hell they are talking about. :D
Please provide a source to backup your claim. Proof is everything.

Speculation is just like assuming and you know what they say about the word assume..... or perhaps you do not?
Is this BS or Fact?
Provide the Proof, and save _your_ credibility.
Another way to express it so that you understand:
Put up or shut up.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Please provide a source to backup your claim. Proof is everything.

Speculation is just like assuming and you know what they say about the word assume..... or perhaps you do not?
Is this BS or Fact?
Provide the Proof, and save _your_ credibility.
Another way to express it so that you understand:
Put up or shut up.
Dude - What the hell is your problem? My source is my opinion. Every ATT spokesperson I've spoken to is an idiot. Can you provide a source saying that ATT spokespersons are NOT idiots? Just so I'M clear, I'm speaking of what they know about Apple. LOGICALLY if Apple doesn't tell their own employees what's going on, they are going to tell ATT employees?

What credibility am I saving? My opinion?

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/iphone-faqs.jsp <--iphone

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/why/return-policy.jsp <--Others

Ok, MacLap, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and ASSUME you quoted the wrong part of my post, since quoting and berating the second half doesn't make any sense.

The first link will bring you the iPhone specific return policy for ATT. The second seems to apply to everything else, though it doesn't say "iPhone excluded". So here's my point - the ATT rep was half right, and half wrong, depending on how you look at it. MY POV says he was wrong 100%, b/c he should know there is a separate return policy for the iPhone.

However, if the OP brings his phones back, he has a legitimate case for demanding a 100% refund, simply stating "(name) told me I had 30 days....". If he complains enough, I'm sure the OP would get his money back.

So, if I ASSUMED incorrectly and you meant to quote what you did, my post does prove the quoted statement, b/c clearly this guy should know the return policy of the product they sell. Not knowing that = idiot in my book.

maclaptopuser

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
And I will do the same for you (the benefit of the doubt).

I was simply responding to your rather harsh labeling of the people at AT&T. I would not have been as strong, had you not. Your apparent attacks continue when you say to me and I quote directly from your post:

"Dude - What the hell is your problem? "

I believe in giving people in general the benefit of the doubt up to the point of outright condemnation which was what I read out of this line of yours and I quote directly from your post:

"most ATT guys are full of crap and have no idea what the hell they are talking about."

I'm not sticking up for AT&T or their employees, all I was simply responding to was that blanket statement above. After all, people do indeed make mistakes. Perhaps he was new, perhaps he was not new and simply did not have pride and knowledge about his job. So what? That could be said about some people that work anywhere. Like CompUSA, I have several times noticed that some of their employees are less that up to speed.

However I don't take it personally, I don't give my power to them, they do not upset me, nor does your post. I was simply responding in a similar strong manner as the tone of your post.

At no time did I suggest or say anything to accuse you personally, or suggest you did not know (to use your word) what the _Hell_ you are doing, as you did in your retort to my post. I'm simply posted a counterpoint, or another view of how I see the AT&T employees. Nothing more than that. And I was very curious how you could or would speak for a very large group of people in that manner. Is that not what a forum is for?

You post a condemnation of AT&T employees, I question it and get condemned ...... very interesting.

Oh well... I'm off to enjoy my iPhone.

Thanks for the lively discussion......:)

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
And I will do the same for you (the benefit of the doubt).

I was simply responding to your rather harsh labeling of the people at AT&T. I would not have been as strong, had you not. Your apparent attacks continue when you say to me and I quote directly from your post:

"Dude - What the hell is your problem? "

I believe in giving people in general the benefit of the doubt up to the point of outright condemnation which was what I read out of this line of yours and I quote directly from your post:

"most ATT guys are full of crap and have no idea what the hell they are talking about."

I'm not sticking up for AT&T or their employees, all I was simply responding to was that blanket statement above. After all, people do indeed make mistakes. Perhaps he was new, perhaps he was not new and simply did not have pride and knowledge about his job. So what? That could be said about some people that work anywhere. Like CompUSA, I have several times noticed that some of their employees are less that up to speed.

However I don't take it personally, I don't give my power to them, they do not upset me, nor does your post. I was simply responding in a similar strong manner as the tone of your post.

At no time did I suggest or say anything to accuse you personally, or suggest you did not know (to use your word) what the _Hell_ you are doing, as you did in your retort to my post. I'm simply posted a counterpoint, or another view of how I see the AT&T employees. Nothing more than that. And I was very curious how you could or would speak for a very large group of people in that manner. Is that not what a forum is for?

You post a condemnation of AT&T employees, I question it and get condemned ...... very interesting.

Oh well... I'm off to enjoy my iPhone.

Thanks for the lively discussion......:)
You didn't retort with another point of view, you asked for a source for my opinion, and took shots at me. That's not lively discussion.

BUT I will give you your point w/the blanket statemen. That being said, I would say it quite unfair to pick and choose, as I'm sure you've used a blanket statement before in your lifetime a time or two. My statement is based on my experience with ATT employees, thus, my statement stands.

And I too like a lively discussion. :p

Let's move on and agree to disagree, eh? :)

Khris

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Edmonton, AB
You didn't retort with another point of view, you asked for a source for my opinion, and took shots at me. That's not lively discussion.
When one person dishes out attitude, they better be able to handle it when it comes back at them however. Karma has a horrible way of biting you in the ass when you least expect it! ;)

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
When one person dishes out attitude, they better be able to handle it when it comes back at them however. Karma has a horrible way of biting you in the ass when you least expect it! ;)
I'm sorry - what attitude did I "dish"? My opinion that ATT reps are idiots? No attitude there, just my opinion. I just got fired up when shots were taken at me for no reason. No worries on my side. I'm straight with the whole thing. :cool:

AngelJO008

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
I have to admit in rxmxsh's defense (boy that was hard to type:) ) that a good majority of ATT reps and CSR's are not very well informed. that being said, also a great deal of them shoot crap out of their mouths as though they have all of the answers when in fact they know very little. This makes them both idiots and arrogant to boot. I believe this is what he was trying to say.

Khris

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I'm sorry - what attitude did I "dish"? My opinion that ATT reps are idiots? No attitude there, just my opinion. I just got fired up when shots were taken at me for no reason. No worries on my side. I'm straight with the whole thing. :cool:
There's a huge difference in simply voicing an opinion, and coming across as an A+ prick. It's all in the wording and you have to be extremely careful of how you come across when voicing your opinion.

I wasn't even pointing the proverbial finger at you......but right away you went on the defensive with me. It's things like that which we do unconsciously, that get picked up right away by others. While you may not mean your words to be harsh, others may interpret them as such.

All of your posts have been very strongly worded and you do come across as being very brash. That in turn puts others on the defensive. Even though you may not have purposely meant it, you've been interpreted as being rude (in my opinion).

As I said, I'm not pointing fault at anyone, but I'm giving my perspective as to how I've interpreted things.