New Camping Plans with Release of iPhone 2.0

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Man, every time I see this thread pop to the top, I think "man, I can't wait to go camping with my iPhone and new speakers!"

This summer will provide many opportunities.

I didn't "camp" for the first one, and I doubt I will camp for the second. Probably by the time I get to it, it will be second-hand :)

Last edited by a moderator:

jslappa

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Man, every time I see this thread pop to the top, I think "man, I can't wait to go camping with my iPhone and new speakers!"

This summer will provide many opportunities.

I didn't "camp" for the first one, and I doubt I will camp for the second. Probably by the time I get to it, it will be second-hand :)
HaHaHa, I had to read it twice to realize you were actually talking about CAMPING, as in, the woods with a tent and bug spray! LOL. I take my wife and kids camping at least 6 times a year, and last year I purchased a Solio charger and adapter set for my iPhone and the wife's V3xx. 2 of the 6 camping trips, we stay out for 5 days and my solio kept our phones fully charged the whole time. During a heavy rain my iPhone came in handy by keeping the kids busy while they watched movies in the tent.

Last edited by a moderator:

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
We do what I like to call "gucci" camping, a fully loaded rv is the only way to go for me. We have a nice 5th wheel that has all the comforts, my tent days are over.:laugh2:

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Anybody here going to camp out again for the release of the new model?

I don't think I'll have to camp out, but I'm certain that I will arrive early on the day it releases. Now I just have to wait for the details for Stevo.:)
Camping is fun! I camped last year, and it was the best 4 days of my life. No joke.:p

loc_star

Jun 17, 2008
Florida
I will not camp out. I am too impatient to wait in line. It would kill me.

I may still have to convince my husband I need v2. There may be some "encouraging" needed...
It didn't take much convincing for me. He knows I love gadgets. Plus, I believe he is going to keep my v1. I am in a small town in FL. I don't know if camping out is going to be necessary here. I will definitely watch out for a line. I live about a mile from the store. I plan to be one of the first ones through the door either way.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
It didn't take much convincing for me. He knows I love gadgets. Plus, I believe he is going to keep my v1. I am in a small town in FL. I don't know if camping out is going to be necessary here. I will definitely watch out for a line. I live about a mile from the store. I plan to be one of the first ones through the door either way.
I worked it out. He bought a new driver, I get 3g iPhone. But I will be
on a short vacation on July 11th, so I will likely have to wait a couple extra days.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I worked it out. He bought a new driver, I get 3g iPhone. But I will be
on a short vacation on July 11th, so I will likely have to wait a couple extra days.
Trust me, that won't be fun. :p I was on vacation (the beach) on iDay last year and I basically ruined by vacation that was intended to provide relaxation by worrying bout the iPhone and constantly reading reviews on it on the computer.

- John

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Trust me, that won't be fun. :p I was on vacation (the beach) on iDay last year and I basically ruined by vacation that was intended to provide relaxation by worrying bout the iPhone and constantly reading reviews on it on the computer.

- John
I made vacation plans before they told us the release date, of course. But if I cannot get the 3G for the subsidized price, then I will likely wait for December, anyway. :(:(

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
That's probably wise. Everything will be worked out by then, and there will be some interesting new features as well.

- John

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I made vacation plans before they told us the release date, of course. But if I cannot get the 3G for the subsidized price, then I will likely wait for December, anyway. :(:(
Can you use your google maps to see if there is any Apple or At&t stores where you are going? On the day of the keynote a couple of weeks ago when Steve announced the 3g I was out of town but looked up my nearest Apple store incase he was releasing it that day.

kneshoba

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
No need for camping here I will be up early on July 11 installing 2.0 on my V1 and checking out the app store and dl'n some new apps.

Cantwait4iPhone

May 6, 2007
United States
No camping or even buying for me, as you all probably know by now.

I am content with mine, but it is a good time to wait a while. I have never camped out for a product, and I don't intend to.