New contacts aren't being automatically synced to the Exchange and iCloud

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by jalalawi, Jul 25, 2013.

1. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

Before any new contact is automatically added to the Exchange and iCloud but now if I add any new contacts it is not added to the Exchange and iCloud. Appreciate if anybody can help.
    Thanks

Sent using iCafe app

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Go into your email settings and make sure the toggles for contact syncing are turned off for each of the additional accounts. You might have competing services trying to sync contacts.

3. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

What do you mean by additional accounts. I am turning on the Contacts for the Exchange and iCloud accounts, shall I turn them off?

Sent using iCafe app

4. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

If I try to turn it off I am getting the below message

Sent using iCafe app

Attached Files:

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Additional email accounts such as Gmail, Yahoo, Exchange or Hotmail. Contacts syncing is on by default on some of them so you have to turn it off.

Turn off contact syncing for every email account except the iCloud account if you want to use iCloud to sync your contacts.

I would delete the Exchange account from the phone, turn on iCloud syncing and toggle contacts on. Then add the Exchange account back in but make sure to toggle contacts off right after you add it.

6. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

I did that and now my contacts is not showing Linked contacts to Exchange but only to iPhone and iCloud but some others contacts especially the latest added not showing linked contact! How can I am make sure now that all my contact are copied to the Exchange?

Sent using iCafe app

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You might want to just sync them through Exchange if you need them linked to Exchange.

8. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

How?

Sent using iCafe app

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Isn't this how you synced your contacts in the past? You have to choose one or the other for contact syncing - iCloud or Exchange. I use iCloud. I love how it pushes contacts. I don't think Exchange does that, but I could be wrong - I've never used Exchange.
    http://www.wikihow.com/Sync-Your-iphone-with-Microsoft-Exchange

10. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

Many thanks for your help.

Sent using iCafe app

11. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

Before I used to have linked contacts for three locations iPhone, iCloud, and Exchange but now I have linked contacts for the majority of the contacts to iCloud twice and some contacts iCloud and Exchange and I think there are no contacts on my iPhone now! How could I return the previous status by having the three locations? ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1374944681.720816.jpg ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1374944695.203516.jpg

Sent using iCafe app

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Toggle off contacts for both accounts then add them toggle them back on. You might still end up with duplicates if you are syncing contacts through two accounts and it competing services can cause iCloud to not update contacts, but it's worth a shot.

13. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

When I tried to switch both accounts contacts sync to off I have got the below messages.

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1375033043.048959.jpg

Shall I say keep on my iPhone or delete, and what will be the implication for each action?

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1375033090.005696.jpg

Does this mean that the contacts will be deleted from my phone but will remain in the Exchange?

Sent using iCafe app

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Your contacts are backed up in one or the other account, so you'll want to delete them before doing what I said in my last post.

15. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

Many thanks Europa for your continues help.

Sent using iCafe app

16. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Her nickname is Google :D