New Dinasour

May 29, 2008
Hi everyone new member here. I was given an 8gb ipod touch recently by my girlfriend and she loaded it with some music for me. I know very little about how to delete music from it as she (the girlfriend) added a Daniel O'donnel album to it. I want to delete this from it and put some of my own music on to it. Anyone got any advise I would be very grateful.
Regards
SDD

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
The adding and removing of music is done through iTunes on your PC. Open the music selection on the left and uncheck whatever you don't want loaded on your Touch. Then sync your touch. Anything that was unchecked will be removed.

May 29, 2008
Thanks

Hawk thanks a million.
Regards
SDD
The adding and removing of music is done through iTunes on your PC. Open the music selection on the left and uncheck whatever you don't want loaded on your Touch. Then sync your touch. Anything that was unchecked will be removed.

May 29, 2008
New Irish Dinasaur again.

Hey Hawk sorry to bother you again but I did what ya said and I got all the music up on the list, but they are all in grey scale and I can not highlight any of them? :mad: Any suggestions

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
if your girlfriend loaded your ipod on a different computer, then you will have to do what Hawk suggested on that computer. If you plan on managing your music on the computer you are currently at, you will have to erase everything currently on your ipod, and sync it with the iTunes library on that computer.

it may sound complicated, but the short of it is your ipod can only be managed from one computer at a time.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
There is a way to copy the iTunes library and ID file from your girlfriends to yours, but you will need either a large capacity jump drive or burn to a DVD the files needed and then copy them to your PC and make sure that they are not listed as read only

May 29, 2008
Thanks Again

Hey guys thanks a million again and again. Really appreciate that, now that I have downloaded my user manual that I misplaced I'm starting to understand it a bit more. I didn't realise you had to use the same computer. :oops: SILLY ME ! Anyway getting to grips with it quicker now, many Irish blessings to ya both.
Regards
SDD :)
There is a way to copy the iTunes library and ID file from your girlfriends to yours, but you will need either a large capacity jump drive or burn to a DVD the files needed and then copy them to your PC and make sure that they are not listed as read only

May 29, 2008
Ooops !

Well I have gone and wiped all my music off my ipod trying to delete one album. I took it to the computer where my girlfriend first loaded iTunes for me. But in the process of trying to highlight one album to delete I inadvertently erased all of my music. HELP. Is this because it (the computer) gave me an option for an update. or i'm just stupid and pressed the wrong options.
Sorry guys it seems to be getting worse, is there anything I can do to start the whole process again, or do I go back and try somethin different?
Regards
SDD.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Well, it depends on where the music was stored. If they were imported from CD into iTunes, then you need the CD's again. If they were existing MP3's on the system, unless you confirmed a full delete, they should still be on the system.
Should be in the windows folder C:\documents and settings\(profile)\my documents\my music\iTunes
Start there and take a look for your music.