New dog help!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

uPhone559

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I have an 11 year old Yorkshire terrier and just added a new addition to the family with an 12 week old, this dog is terrorizing my older dog! should i watch "dog whisperer" with cesar millan? lol - I play with this dog for 4 hours yesterday and he still doesn't calm down. My other dog feels stressed and doesn't seem the same, he tries to be loving but the other one just annoys him. anyone have any suggestions that will help with puppy training, please please help thx.

its been so long since ive trained a dog ive forgotten ;x

LauraBee

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Napa, CA
www.flyingcolorstattoo.com
New dogs

I have an 11 year old Yorkshire terrier and just added a new addition to the family with an 12 week old, this dog is terrorizing my older dog! should i watch "dog whisperer" with cesar millan? lol - I play with this dog for 4 hours yesterday and he still doesn't calm down. My other dog feels stressed and doesn't seem the same, he tries to be loving but the other one just annoys him. anyone have any suggestions that will help with puppy training, please please help thx.

its been so long since ive trained a dog ive forgotten ;x
My older dog Jack Bennett (Lab/Rott mix) was so pissed at me when Jeff came home (Jeff is a miniature poodle, shaved with a mohawk) when he was just a little meatloaf sized puppy. Jack Bennett ddn't talk to me for over a week and Jeff was all bouncybouncybouncy, but they finally bonded and it actually livened him up because he started actually playing again and at 11 he had sort of given up on running and balls and dogfight. Then we took Jack Bennett and Jeff on our honeymoon last October and ended up with a little chihuweenie (low to the ground but oh so long) puplet who was tiny,(Her name is Honey Moon) but once again bouncybouncybouncy and it was the same thing all over again. Jack Bennett just grumbled and tried to avoid the whole issue, and Jeff was slinking around like somebody's creepy older brother at a slumber party, but now they are all just fine together. Funny how the littlest dog rules the roost.

Just remember, if the puppy chews anything it's your fault, or pees in the house. It's our job to keep things-that-can-be-chewed out of their way. I've learned this lesson with 4 different bluetooth earpieces, several purse handles and a couple of power cords. Thank goodness she only takes my shoes out into the backyard and doesn't chew them.

Good luck with your new puppy, dogs are some of the best people I know!