New doubts ?

Jun 12, 2009
HELLO MY NAME IS REGGAETON.72 AN IM NEW HERE...well

i just updated my iPhone 3g with the GM seed 3.0 update..and i still do not see neither the MMS or tethering...I WAS WONDERING IF I WAS THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS PROBLEM..i know dat most networks do not support it...but just because its not supported by a network...dat doesn't mean dat we shouldnt have this feature...i should still see the MMS icon...which i don't...i don't know if i did something wrong...but DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS PROBLEM BESIDES ME ?

Woody1776

Bronze
Feb 26, 2008
DFW
AT&T announced that those services will be available later in the Summer. It was announced on Monday during the WWDC Keynote.

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
its not a problem. you don't see the icon, because the mms has nothing to do with the 3.0 OS, what it has to do with is the carrier file, or the ipcc file. the stock one on 3.0 does not have the icon (carrier file should be AT&T 4.0). to check it is under settings>general>about,"carrier". to get the icon there are instructions floating around on how to install a hacked carrier file. i will see if i can locate it. as for the tethering, i do have it, it is under settings>general>network>internet tethering.

Edit:although come to think of it i think i have an updated file too..... yours may be AT&T 3.5

Jun 12, 2009
thank you for trying to help me...but i just checked what you asked..and the AT&T IS 4.0...so it is normal...but the tethering...is not good...its not working...cause i went to network an all i see is NETWORK AND WIFI stuff..you know the usual...but i do not see the tethering..PLEASE HELP GUYS :(

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
that is weird.... you are the second person to say they sont have the tethering option on att4.0. i don't understand why i still have this, and it works too.....

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
its not a problem. you don't see the icon, because the mms has nothing to do with the 3.0 OS, what it has to do with is the carrier file, or the ipcc file. the stock one on 3.0 does not have the icon (carrier file should be AT&T 4.0). to check it is under settings>general>about,"carrier". to get the icon there are instructions floating around on how to install a hacked carrier file. i will see if i can locate it. as for the tethering, i do have it, it is under settings>general>network>internet tethering.

Edit:although come to think of it i think i have an updated file too..... yours may be AT&T 3.5
MMS is part of OS 3.0 but in beta 5 they hid the camera icon and settings for mms under the messages setting. Before beta 5 I had MMS working on the stock carrier file so it had nothing to do with the carrier file allowing mms. I wanted tethering options back luckily right before I switched to beta 5 so I put the 5.0 ipcc on which allowed me to keep the camera icon and settings for some odd reason. I guess in beta 5 they made the icon and settings rely on the correct ipcc file being installed since not all carriers would be ready when 3.0 is released.