New Email problem, can anyone offer suggestions please?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

VA7DB

Nov 23, 2011
Vancouver BC Canada
Hi Guy's - N - Gal's
I'm using an iPad2 and running iOS 5.0.1 (Jailbroken) I've had no problems so far and have been using the iPad for many months so am not totally new to the beast.
Two days ago I noticed that every time I delete emails they do disappear off the iPad OK, then next time I open the email app they are back.........and yes I have them set to be automatically deleted off the email server once read and have taken the iPad off WiFi (Airplane Mode) and still it shows all the deleted emails are back next time I open the app......
It seems obvious that the emails are for some reason not really deleting although they do go away temporarily.
Any idea's or thoughts greatly appreciated.
Thanks.......Dave

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Do you have it set up as POP or IMAP?

I'd make sure the setting is still set to deleted off the server. Than make sure they are really deleted off the server. It might be an issue with the server. Try hard resetting your iPhone.

IMAP allows you to view all messages (deleted, sent, draft, inbox) on several devices. POP downloads once to one device, but can still remain on the server unless you tell it otherwise. I had a problem with deleting at first when my work email server changed to IMAP but than I had to change some settings. Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Your Mail Account>Account (if IMAP)>Advanced> select each mailbox behavior and select a box. Hope this helps.

VA7DB

Nov 23, 2011
Vancouver BC Canada
Hi Mike and Chris,
Firstly thanks so much for your suggestions !
And yes it ended up being my fault......I had the PC downstairs set together with my provider to delete the emails from the server once they were dumped to the PC.
I had my AVG set to do a scan and after the scan it re-booted the PC and shut Outlook, so in short the emails were not being dumped to the PC and the server of course devotedly carried on retaining them.
Somtimes us old geezers get confused by the simplest of things :) Thanks again Dave