New Feature in 2.2

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Looks like firmware 2.2 gives us the option to update all apps at one time again. YAY! :) I wonder why they removed that option in the first place. Anywho, I'm glad it's back again. Saves me from reopening the Appstore to update each app separately.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I don't know what's up with that but I can update all applications at once on my 1st generation iPod Touch, I never tried on my iPhone. I have firmware 2.1 on my iPod Touch. o.O!

super3g

Nov 23, 2008
bad ass. can't wait to upgrade. =D

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
i must have missed it, because since I've updated to 2.2, I've had a few times where multiple apps were ready for download and did not see a "update all" button. Where is it on the screen?

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
i must have missed it, because since I've updated to 2.2, I've had a few times where multiple apps were ready for download and did not see a "update all" button. Where is it on the screen?
When you go to the update screen & you have multliple apps that need to be updated, the "Update All" button should be on the upper right hand corner of the screen.

kjack05

Bronze
Oct 28, 2008
Texas
Awesome! It always annoyed me when I had like 3 updates and haft to wait on each one and do it again

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
does anyone know emoji/emotion feature is really included in this 2.2 update?

I tried to look for it, but no luck...

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Umm that's cool. You live in Texas though, so what's the point? Don't tire yourself searching haha. Plus, I don't think other phones are going to support emoticons in text messaging, especially colored emoticons like those. They could only support like text ones ( : ) ; ) ;] ) you know what I mean? That's why I guess they might need MMS messaging for that, and that's not even supported in iPhones lmao. SwirlyMMS isn't good.

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
Umm that's cool. You live in Texas though, so what's the point? Don't tire yourself searching haha. Plus, I don't think other phones are going to support emoticons in text messaging, especially colored emoticons like those. They could only support like text ones ( : ) ; ) ;] ) you know what I mean? That's why I guess they might need MMS messaging for that, and that's not even supported in iPhones lmao. SwirlyMMS isn't good.
yeah, i live in texas....
but I do have a lot of friends in japan that I email to...

but you are right...

like i said... "oh well.."

kjack05

Bronze
Oct 28, 2008
Texas
does anyone know emoji/emotion feature is really included in this 2.2 update?

I tried to look for it, but no luck...
Go to installer and install this source "i.ifon1.no" then refresh and install emoji everywhere. Then go to keyboard settings under general and go to japanese and turn it on.. Now it will be in the keyboard click the world shape and they pop up.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Thank you, I will try text messaging that to my other phones and see if the emoticons appear.

steeler

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Go to installer and install this source "i.ifon1.no" then refresh and install emoji everywhere. Then go to keyboard settings under general and go to japanese and turn it on.. Now it will be in the keyboard click the world shape and they pop up.
Can you do this on a phone that hasn't been jail broken?

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
I actually found "emoji" in Cydia.

It's pretty kewl!

So far, I test texting my friends who has iPhone, and only JB phone can see the icon, others only see them as square...