New Feature In iMessage?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by djwindsor, Oct 3, 2015.

1. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

This is going to be a little bit difficult to explain but I'll try my best. On occasion when I'm texting someone, the dialogue box populates with a light gray color and within it is what can be described as a timer (0:00). When the dialogue box is filled with this content it is nearly impossible to add any text. The only way I can get rid of this issue is by closing out iMessage and reloading it. It's happened to me quite a few times. I just sold my iPhone 5 to a close friend and he showed me his phone with the same issue. I had to show him how to get rid of it as he is coming from an Android device and was re-learning iOS. Any ideas?

2. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I know exactly what you speak of. I've had the same thing and was just too lazy to come ask about it. Hasn't happened in a couple days.

3. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

Yes, it hasn't struck me either, but I was reminded of it when my friend had the same problem.

4. RBNetEngr

RBNetEngr Contributor
    Bronze

The text box will show a timer in it when you press and hold the microphone icon next to it, which allows you to record a voice clip to send in iMessage. Maybe it's a bug with that?

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I've been seeing a lot of that elsewhere. Many are experiencing the bug. It's the audio text feature. It's activicated by pressing the mic on the right side. But it comes up for no reason. I've sent it once. I had to swipe it out of multitasking. That works and it hasn't come back. It's something Apple needs to fix.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

7. Apple4me

Apple4me Evangelist
    Gold

My wife has been experiencing this on her new iPhone 6s+ many times a day. I've never experienced it on my exact same iPhone, go figure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. macscac

macscac Member
    Bronze

same problem!
    i just reported the bug to that link. thanks

9. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

I've seen it too. I think it's the microphone recording a sound clip. I don't know if I touched the microphone icon by accident or if it was activated erroneously from some bug.

10. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

A bug? Say it ain't so Apple. :D