New Feature In iMessage?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
This is going to be a little bit difficult to explain but I'll try my best. On occasion when I'm texting someone, the dialogue box populates with a light gray color and within it is what can be described as a timer (0:00). When the dialogue box is filled with this content it is nearly impossible to add any text. The only way I can get rid of this issue is by closing out iMessage and reloading it. It's happened to me quite a few times. I just sold my iPhone 5 to a close friend and he showed me his phone with the same issue. I had to show him how to get rid of it as he is coming from an Android device and was re-learning iOS. Any ideas?

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I know exactly what you speak of. I've had the same thing and was just too lazy to come ask about it. Hasn't happened in a couple days.

RBNetEngr

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 17, 2013
The text box will show a timer in it when you press and hold the microphone icon next to it, which allows you to record a voice clip to send in iMessage. Maybe it's a bug with that?

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I've been seeing a lot of that elsewhere. Many are experiencing the bug. It's the audio text feature. It's activicated by pressing the mic on the right side. But it comes up for no reason. I've sent it once. I had to swipe it out of multitasking. That works and it hasn't come back. It's something Apple needs to fix.

Apple4me

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
My wife has been experiencing this on her new iPhone 6s+ many times a day. I've never experienced it on my exact same iPhone, go figure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

47seijar

Zealot
Bronze
Oct 6, 2012
Denville, NJ
I've seen it too. I think it's the microphone recording a sound clip. I don't know if I touched the microphone icon by accident or if it was activated erroneously from some bug.