New Feature? Or just previously overlooked?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

socalkevin21

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
After finishing watching a video... I noticed a message asking "Would you like to delete (moviefile) to conserve space?", with the options... Keep or Delete. Probably just something I never noticed before, sorry if it is.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
After finishing watching a video... I noticed a message asking "Would you like to delete (moviefile) to conserve space?", with the options... Keep or Delete. Probably just something I never noticed before, sorry if it is.
You don't even need to watch the movie to delete it, just swipe your finger across the movie in the menu and you can delete them like you would an email.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
But I have found after deleting from the iPhone if you don't remove it from iTunes it will sync it right back to the phone for you.
for podcasts it works a little differently and very well IMO. if you just delete a podcast without viewing it or partially viewing it it will get synced back on. If you wait until the end of the podcast or scrool to the end to get that delete message, the video WILL NOT be re-synched. This is a nice feature.

WolfmanXII

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
California
i don't understand the point of the feature. most of the time people who watch a video arent by their iTunes so when they delete a video right then what are they making room for. you don't need to delete it right away because you cant add anything til the next sync so why not just delete it then. i dunno. thats just my opinion.

i don't understand the point of the feature. most of the time people who watch a video arent by their iTunes so when they delete a video right then what are they making room for. you don't need to delete it right away because you cant add anything til the next sync so why not just delete it then. i dunno. thats just my opinion.
Here's a point

You're away watching a movie that you've just charged on your phone few hours before. Once it's finished, it didn't convey you so much, you'll never watch it again and you know you'll forget to erase it when you'll be back home, or you just forget not to sync the movies playlist with that movie inside

Next time you plug the phone in, just hit the X in the sync progress windows in iTunes when it syncs the movies playlist, and it won't recharge that movie

SDMahan

Jul 9, 2007
It appears that iTunes 7.4 broke this for podcasts

After updating iTunes this morning, when I get to the end of a video podcast and choose to delete it, it now resyncs when I dock. In the past, it set the play count of the video to 1 and since I only synced unplayed podcasts, it would not resync.