New Feature

naruto

Oct 30, 2008
Does anyone know if Apple is producing new iPhone with Bluetooth features, or if the camera will be extended?

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Both of thsr can be done with a software updte

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I wish we had some more bluetooth features, like file transfers, stereo headset support .. Although BigCix is right... Mr. Jobs is running the show. And although he is a brilliant man, his attention to our needs does suck.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I wish we had some more bluetooth features, like file transfers, stereo headset support .. Although BigCix is right... Mr. Jobs is running the show. And although he is a brilliant man, his attention to our needs does suck.
I half agree. You can't say the iPhone we have now is the same as the first iPhone running 1.0 firmware. We've definitely gotten more features with time, the biggest (IMO) being exchange server compatibility. MMS to me is old technology that teens use. The only thing I'd like to have in copy and paste - otherwise, the phone has met my needs as a consumer.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I half agree. You can't say the iPhone we have now is the same as the first iPhone running 1.0 firmware. We've definitely gotten more features with time, the biggest (IMO) being exchange server compatibility. MMS to me is old technology that teens use. The only thing I'd like to have in copy and paste - otherwise, the phone has met my needs as a consumer.
I respect your view. However, I am 34 and miss MMS.. I agree with you on Copy and Paste. However, I would still love to see Bluetooth headphone support and file transfer. You are absolutely right about the iPhone not being the same as firmware 1.0. While Apple has made some huge improvements, I would still like to see continued innovation and feature enhancements.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I respect your view. However, I am 34 and miss MMS.. I agree with you on Copy and Paste. However, I would still love to see Bluetooth headphone support and file transfer. You are absolutely right about the iPhone not being the same as firmware 1.0. While Apple has made some huge improvements, I would still like to see continued innovation and feature enhancements.
No argument here... except on MMS. IMO it's like the floppy drive. People thought Apple was crazy to no include it. It was dead technology. Again, IMO email is the "new" mms.... But I agree with everything you said, especially the Bluetooth.

BTW - I'm 26. I never liked MMS, nor did I ever use it.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
No argument here... except on MMS. IMO it's like the floppy drive. People thought Apple was crazy to no include it. It was dead technology. Again, IMO email is the "new" mms.... But I agree with everything you said, especially the Bluetooth.

BTW - I'm 26. I never liked MMS, nor did I ever use it.
Very good point about the floppy drive friend. That truly was a much larger debate at the time wasn't it. Funny, I never used my floppy drives much.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Very good point about the floppy drive friend. That truly was a much larger debate at the time wasn't it. Funny, I never used my floppy drives much.
Pictures taken with today's digital cameras wouldn't even fit on 1.44MB disks now, lol.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Pictures taken with today's digital cameras wouldn't even fit on 1.44MB disks now, lol.
Very good point, so funny how things have changed. Heck I remember in high school we had those big old 5¼-inch 720kb disks. I remember back then thinking "Wow, these things hold tons of Data." LOL, my first Home computer had a 20 megabyte hard drive as well.

naruto

Oct 30, 2008
Sorry I also relised that iPhone has problem with capture photo you have to use touch screen, or if you want to capture your self you can't do it unless someone else has to do it for you, you cannot do video recording. Do you think that new feature should be updated by software or hardware, what is the point of using iPhone if you cannot use as drive, also what would you guys say in the new T-Mobile G1 (google phone)

naruto

Oct 30, 2008
mail exchange

You cannot use some exchange, such as hotmail you have to buy the hotmail for hotmail Plus in order to use hotmail in your iPhone

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
You cannot use some exchange, such as hotmail you have to buy the hotmail for hotmail Plus in order to use hotmail in your iPhone
What? That makes no sense. I'm going to assume you're in another country because your English is poor.

Hotmail and Exchange are two different things. Hotmail is a web based only email. You USED to be able to setup hotmail as pop3, but that is no longer an option, even if you pay for the upgraded account.

Exchange is an entirely different beast, and is used mostly for corporate email.

naruto

Oct 30, 2008
What do you think about camera, capture wise and video recording on iPhone, ok I understand about hotmail, do you have to use mobileMe in order to get emails on iPhone

What? That makes no sense. I'm going to assume you're in another country because your English is poor.

Hotmail and Exchange are two different things. Hotmail is a web based only email. You USED to be able to setup hotmail as pop3, but that is no longer an option, even if you pay for the upgraded account.

Exchange is an entirely different beast, and is used mostly for corporate email.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
What do you think about camera, capture wise and video recording on iPhone, ok I understand about hotmail, do you have to use mobileMe in order to get emails on iPhone
Well - I am able to take pictures of myself. It's a little tricky, but it can be done. It's not rocket science.

Video recording? I have no idea, nor do I care. If you want it that badly, jailbreak your phone and use cycorder.

You can set up whatever email you like (nearly all "major" providers). Yahoo, Gmail, RoadRunner, Exchange accounts, Mobile Me - the list goes on.

naruto

Oct 30, 2008
You have been help full, can I also ask how can I view data if I want to store files in my iPhone as storage. It is not possible I have been told by Apple because you can only use picture, music and video via iTunes, and if I want to use iDisk i still can't.

I really don't know what is the best,

I really like iPhone but I like in the phone as file transfer, video, camera, and storage.

Well - I am able to take pictures of myself. It's a little tricky, but it can be done. It's not rocket science.

Video recording? I have no idea, nor do I care. If you want it that badly, jailbreak your phone and use cycorder.

You can set up whatever email you like (nearly all "major" providers). Yahoo, Gmail, RoadRunner, Exchange accounts, Mobile Me - the list goes on.

naruto

Oct 30, 2008
please come online on msn messenger

You have been help full, can I also ask how can I view data if I want to store files in my iPhone as storage. It is not possible I have been told by Apple because you can only use picture, music and video via iTunes, and if I want to use iDisk i still can't.

I really like iPhone but I like in the phone as file transfer, video, camera, and storage.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.

Use AirShare from the AppStore.