new find or repeated statement? you tell me!

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
so as the title states, i'm not sure if i've found out something new or if i'm just restating this but either way, i just found out.

did you know that you can delete a whole conversation without using the "edit" button?

all you have to do is press+hold your finger on the said text message and then slide your finger left. this will then allow you to delete said message.

i know it's not a big find but i thought it was interesting.:eek:

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
so as the title states, i'm not sure if i've found out something new or if i'm just restating this but either way, i just found out.

did you know that you can delete a whole conversation without using the "edit" button?

all you have to do is press+hold your find on the said text message and then slide your finger left. this will then allow you to delete said message.

i know it's not a big find but i thought it was interesting.:eek:

I wish Apple would say these things in advance. Altho it is fun to discover them. Great find.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
I wish Apple would say these things in advance. Altho it is fun to discover them. Great find.
yeah i know what you mean. i wonder when that was even added. maybe it was in an update, maybe it's been there from day 1.. Apple products are mysteries lol.

i really hope that i'm the first to find this (at least on this site).
i feel accomplished :p

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
well maybe still the first post about it on here...

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
yeah cool feature...glad you discovered it...

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
You can do that for the e-mails too. I figured it out by accident a while back and was quite pleased.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Very cool find... Keep them coming everyone... Im sure there is more that we don't know

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
This is really your first time knowing about the slide across? Your are talking about the slide across right? I thought that was common knowledge to people or i would have said something earlier to help you guys out haha :)

If that is the case and your talking about the slide across...you don't even have to hold your finger on it, you can just slide it across

a noobstar

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
yeah i knew about this like the week i got it when i accidentally was fooling around with mail so then i tried with sms too so looks like your the 1st to post but a lot of us probably knew

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Its listed in the "finger tips" manual that comes with the iPhone, and its on their website.

KeKe

Bronze
Dec 26, 2007
cool find that can come in handy sometimes.

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
This was from day one. Its been on the Apple iPhone site on one of the videos.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Good to reiterate, though.

Just so you know, it's any swiping motion across the message that will bring up the delete button. I prefer left to right because then my finger is right there to press the red button!

And if you do it accidentally and don't want to delete, just hit anywhere else but the red button.