New Guy Here! Should I get my iPhone now or wait?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

theeggman

Aug 24, 2007
DFW, TX
My sprint contract for 3 phones has now expired. I own a Treo 700P and want to replace it with the 8GB iPhone. My daughter wants the nano iPhone, (if the rumors are true), and my wife just wants a phone.

I wanted to ask some of you guys with experience if I should jump in now or wait a few months. I'd appreciate your comments.

Thanks

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
What is to be gained by waiting?
No buyer's remorse. No one wants to shell out 650$ on a phone that will be out of date in a few months.

I'd say buy now. I'm pretty sure there won't be a 2nd gen for over a year. Of course this is just speculation.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
My sprint contract for 3 phones has now expired. I own a Treo 700P and want to replace it with the 8GB iPhone. My daughter wants the nano iPhone, (if the rumors are true), and my wife just wants a phone.

I wanted to ask some of you guys with experience if I should jump in now or wait a few months. I'd appreciate your comments.

Thanks

LOL your daughter already wants an iPhone "nano"? I suppose she frequents macrumors?:laugh2:

kieran

Sep 5, 2007
Why not get your iPhone and get a free or cheaper phone for your daughter for the time being? Then if/when the nano iPhone comes out you could just switch out her phones.

iAttorney

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Houston, TX
I was having the same problem deciding if I should wait or go for it. I read a post by someone in a forum that put things in perspective for me: "You can always wait for the new gadget to come out. The problem is, they come out at such a quick rate, you might find yourself waiting forever. If you want the gadget for what it does now, then buy it now. If you want the gadget for what it might do later, then perhaps you should continue wishing..."

Hope it helps....