New headphones

jonpno

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
i am going to get some new headphones and wanted some opinions. I am looking to spend around a hundred bucks. im looking at the bose in ear or maybe shure. are v-moda good. I don't know so any suggestions

budjev

Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Noblesville, IN
The vmoda duo's are great.... I just received mine a week ago and love them. I have a buddy that has the Bose IE heaphones and the duo's sounds as good as the bose IE ones.

I got the Duo's for the fact that it has the mic and button on it, and i'm glad i did!

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
i have the vibe duos and they're pretty good, though i still think they're too expensive for what they are. but i wish i'd waited a little - etymotic is releasing some iphone-specific products (as announced on ilounge.com). they now offer a wired headset (with a mic and clicker like the OEM earbuds) and a bluetooth one. i love my etymotic er-6is and would have preferred to get a headset that came from company that i know makes high quality headphones...

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Go w/the Vibes, you'll enjoy it. Sound quality wise, it's a little too bass-y, but you can fix that by changing the eq.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
For everyone that got the Vibe Duos, did you order them from the v-moda website? I ordered mine on Monday and, as I am an extremely impatient person, paid for next day shipping, but they haven't even shipped out of the company yet, and I was just wondering if this was typical. I tried e-mailing customer support but as of yet I've received no reply. I paid $30 for next day shipping and now, 3 days later I have nothing. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
For everyone that got the Vibe Duos, did you order them from the v-moda website? I ordered mine on Monday and, as I am an extremely impatient person, paid for next day shipping, but they haven't even shipped out of the company yet, and I was just wondering if this was typical. I tried e-mailing customer support but as of yet I've received no reply. I paid $30 for next day shipping and now, 3 days later I have nothing. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.
That is bad, and you should be getting that shipping fee refunded more than likely. I know generally next day means next businesss day, but sounds like your're beyond that as well. I hate it when that happens too, as I'm also impatient. Had an Amazon book order recently where I asked for next day shipping and was eagerly awaiting it, but I had completely missed that the book was not quite in print yet - doh!

budjev

Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Noblesville, IN
Youngbinks sorry to tell you this, but i ordered mine in the morning and i received an email that afternoon saying there were shipped already.. I ordered right off v-moda.com

I'd be calling them asking for a refund on your shipping at least. Goodluck whatever happens

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Dang it now I am really annoyed. My e-mails to V-Moda have still gone unanswered and there is no phone number listed on the website. As of 1:18 AM EST the earbuds still have not shipped. Gahhh.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
i have the vibe duos and they're pretty good, though i still think they're too expensive for what they are. but i wish i'd waited a little - etymotic is releasing some iphone-specific products (as announced on ilounge.com). they now offer a wired headset (with a mic and clicker like the OEM earbuds) and a bluetooth one. i love my etymotic er-6is and would have preferred to get a headset that came from company that i know makes high quality headphones...
Hmmm, just checked these new iphone-specific etymotics out and not too impressed. The mic looks very clunky and the transducers are based on the er-4 not the er-6, and they cost $180.

The Ultimate Buds er-6 mashup is a much better deal.

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
Here is WHOIS info maybe this can help:

Registrant:
Kolton Technology

2920 Durand Drive
Los Angeles, California 90068
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: V-MODA.COM
Created on: 20-Jul-05
Expires on: 20-Jul-17
Last Updated on: 26-Nov-07

Administrative Contact:
Kolton, Val web@valkolton.com
1804 Garnet Ave #111
San Diego, California 92109
United States
(858) 610-1750

Technical Contact:
Kolton, Val web@valkolton.com
1804 Garnet Ave #111
San Diego, California 92109
United States
(858) 610-1750

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Dang it now I am really annoyed. My e-mails to V-Moda have still gone unanswered and there is no phone number listed on the website. As of 1:18 AM EST the earbuds still have not shipped. Gahhh.
Refund buddy...you deserve it.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Wow, what a great review, I love researching my target product and reading every review possible and other people's feedback and your's is very professional, great pics, great audio, great site in general!;) Looking forward to more!

climr

Jul 31, 2007
Ultimate Buds

We've got our UB7 (Apple / Etymotics) on sale right now. If you are looking for the best in clarity/detail you really should check out the Etymotics. They use a balanced armature speaker versus the low-end diaphram speaker in the v-modas. There is really no comparison.

Plus - I assure you you'll get better customer service!

Brad
Ultimate Buds
www.ultimatebuds.com