New Home Button

brdmsd

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I had read about the new non mechanical home button on the IPhone 7+. I have one on order and I went to my local ATT store to check a display model out. Every time I tried to open the phone it either failed to open or I pressed it too hard and activated SIRI. The salesperson had no trouble opening the phone but I continued to have issues. What gives? Should I cancel my order and stick with my 6+?

darkpoet25

Bronze
Dec 20, 2008
Indianapolis
It's how hard you tap or hold down the button. When setting it up it has three settings, Light, Medium and Hard. Once the phone has been activated and turned on, you have the option of skipping that feature all together and can use the fingerprint scan to unlock your phone. Had some trouble with it myself at my local AT&T store, but I'm sure I will get used to it over time.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
No, you should learn to be more gentle with your phone.

It will be worth it. Especially if you happened to have ordered the beautiful Piano Black Model like I did. I've had it out of the box for just over 15 hours now and I can hardly bear to take my eyes off it.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
No, you should learn to be more gentle with your phone.

It will be worth it. Especially if you happened to have ordered the beautiful Piano Black Model like I did. I've had it out of the box for just over 15 hours now and I can hardly bear to take my eyes off it.
BuzzLightyearSadStrangeLittleMan.png

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yeah, you just have to get used to the change. I was inadvertently activating Siri the first couple of days, but now I've got it down and don't do that any more.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Settings / general / accessibility / Home Button
Toggle Rest Finger to on. That may help.

MCube74

Sep 30, 2016
The home button needs some getting used to. I use the virtual home button (assistive touch) enabled since I find it easy at times when using my iPhone 7 Plus.