New Home Button

Discussion in 'iPhone 7' started by brdmsd, Sep 27, 2016.

1. brdmsd

brdmsd Member
    Bronze

I had read about the new non mechanical home button on the IPhone 7+. I have one on order and I went to my local ATT store to check a display model out. Every time I tried to open the phone it either failed to open or I pressed it too hard and activated SIRI. The salesperson had no trouble opening the phone but I continued to have issues. What gives? Should I cancel my order and stick with my 6+?

2. darkpoet25

darkpoet25 Member
    Bronze

It's how hard you tap or hold down the button. When setting it up it has three settings, Light, Medium and Hard. Once the phone has been activated and turned on, you have the option of skipping that feature all together and can use the fingerprint scan to unlock your phone. Had some trouble with it myself at my local AT&T store, but I'm sure I will get used to it over time.

3. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

No, you should learn to be more gentle with your phone.

It will be worth it. Especially if you happened to have ordered the beautiful Piano Black Model like I did. I've had it out of the box for just over 15 hours now and I can hardly bear to take my eyes off it.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

BuzzLightyearSadStrangeLittleMan.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, you just have to get used to the change. I was inadvertently activating Siri the first couple of days, but now I've got it down and don't do that any more.

6. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Settings / general / accessibility / Home Button
    Toggle Rest Finger to on. That may help.

7. MCube74

MCube74 New Member

The home button needs some getting used to. I use the virtual home button (assistive touch) enabled since I find it easy at times when using my iPhone 7 Plus.