New idea.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
So the other day I got a text from someone while I was using Safari. The message popped up and I read it but all I wanted to do was reply "Yah" but I didn't want to go to the Text app and then have to go back to Safari. Then later I downloaded a song from iTunes WiFi and when it asked for my password the keyboard with the translucent black background popped up along with a dialog box to input my password. I then realized that this keyboard should be accessible when you receive a text. Instead of buttons for "Reply" and "Close" they need to add a button that says "Show Keyboard" or something similar, so you can reply without leaving the app you are using. This would also be good when playing a game. Anybody else think this is a somewhat good idea?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
That would be awesome. Having to leave the App you are currently in to go back to the SMS App to respond quickly and then go back to the initial App AGAIN gets very annoying. This happens all the time when I am on Safari or something similar and then start having a full conversation with someone. Good thinking Josh.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
Great idea dude, it always takes at least 5 or 7 seconds for me to get to the text app while I'm on safari. This would be something to look forward to if it was in a future update, shouldn't be to hard to do either.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Thanks guys. Maybe they could also incorporate the landscape keyboard since all you are doing is sending a quick message you don't need to read other texts or anything like that.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
Thanks guys. Maybe they could also incorporate the landscape keyboard since all you are doing is sending a quick message you don't need to read other texts or anything like that.
Its the little things that count.

:)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Golden idea there, Josh. I'm really hoping Apple is reading this, since they're too snobbish to accept unsolicited product ideas.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
^^^
I'm with you Psylicon we can only hope... This is a great idea by the way I'm always jumping back and forth and it gets time consuming.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Who says they don't...

Maybe it's one of us...

<---

Not really. Getting paid to read stuff online all day? I'm game.

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
that is the best idea ever ! .... along with cut and paste, and flash haha:laugh2::p