New iMac looks nice

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Was looking at the gallery of the new iMac and thought this photo was particularly humorous. My main rig is a G5 with Apple monitor, but I recently purchased a PC to run a PC only program. My PC rig looks just like this mess.

Last edited:

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
Looks cool from the side and the front when the screen is off, very ugly from the front when the screen is on. Whats up with the black trim ring around the screen?

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
I love the black trim. For the high def guru's you know what I am talking about. A black border lets your eyes concentrate more on the screen. I absolutely love the new design and picked my new iMac up today at around 3 p.m. central time. The 24" model of course. I think they should have gone with a black cord however instead of the white one that plugs into the back of the system.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Congrats on the new iMac.;) Looks pretty awesome. How does the back look?

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
Congrats on the new iMac.;) Looks pretty awesome. How does the back look?
The back IMO is the best looking part of the device...it reminds me a little of the iPhone styling. I used one fore a while and the two things that really bother me are the new keyboard and the inclusion of only 3 USB ports on the back. The new keyboard is really cool from a design standpoint but I still am not totally comfortable on those new macbook style keyboards. People are complaining about the lack of a matte screen but the glass really is nice....

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
The only Apple product I own is the iPhone, but after visiting the Apple store yesterday, the new iMacs might just push me over the edge...

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Yeah, I'm dying to replace my Dell desktop with a new iMac. I have to wait until the wedding in Sept to buy it, but I'm so excited about the new systems. They look amazing, I've been drooling over them at the local Apple store.

sealevel

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Belleair, Florida
Went to see the new iMac Saturday. It looks great and is it speedy. New iLife was awesome. Many people complaining about the shiny screen. Personally I like it. The pros will have a problem with it though, too much reflection. For the home it is nice. Bright colors. I think it's the best PC for the money. (Opps, Did I say PC!)

AfroAaron

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
The Big UK
Yeah, I'm dying to replace my Dell desktop with a new iMac. I have to wait until the wedding in Sept to buy it, but I'm so excited about the new systems. They look amazing, I've been drooling over them at the local Apple store.
Unlucky man

if i lived in the us i would give you it!

i got a mac pro, and imac
(daddys a graphics designer you see)

but the new imac (ugly):oops:

they should stick to the old white look!

thats the direction Apple was going in

but now they have changed plans

ohwell, the up side to it all is... you can get the screen size 4" bigger than normal!

but Steve and his friends musta been on crack while designing the new style

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
wut the hell is that on top of the xps? that cant be a card reader because that xps is pretty high end and should have that bulit in... and it thats a poor comparison because thats like worst case scenario for the pc... comon who doesn't have at least a wireless mouse now... any why didn't the new mac just got wireless on everything?

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
JUST REPLACED MY DELL DESKTOP WITH THE NEW
IMAC...24INCH...OMG...I LOVE THIS THING...WHY DID I EVER OWN A PC?..THE SCREEN IS GREAT AND I LOVE THE KEYBOARD..I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT...EVERYONE HAS GOT TO GET IT!

AfroAaron

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
The Big UK
wut the hell is that on top of the xps? that cant be a card reader because that xps is pretty high end and should have that bulit in... and it thats a poor comparison because thats like worst case scenario for the pc... comon who doesn't have at least a wireless mouse now... any why didn't the new mac just got wireless on everything?

It does

but you have to pay extra!

in the uk the mighty mouse is £50

thats about $90

Money making

and same for the keybord

i got myself a wireless mouse

and now the scroll doesn't work!

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
It's alright but a bit underpowered given that they use mobile Core Duo chips rather than desktop ones. Should still be fast enough for use though.

My main problem with iMacs is their lack of user customization but I suppose that's always been the case.