New Images Purport to be Dummy Models of White and Silver iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Napoleon PhoneApart, May 2, 2014.

1. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Fresh off the latest rumor train is this set of photos of iPhone 6 dummy models. Very HTC One-like on the back.

2. iNinja

iNinja Zealot
    Gold

Having just moved back from a HTC one (m8) to the iPhone 5s, I hope this isn't a true reflection of the design. I enjoyed the HTC One (m7 and m8) but always pined for that iPhone feel...

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

What prompted the move back? I had an HTC One (M7) for a while last year.

4. iNinja

iNinja Zealot
    Gold

To be honest, I don't really know. In many ways it was, and is a better phone but it wasn't an iPhone. I don't know if that was hardware or software though, and to be honest I'm not overly fond of the iOS7 look and feel. I decided it was time to "come home" though because I am due an upgrade in September and i wanted to give iOS a fair crack of the whip before making my choice.

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

You more or less summed up my feelings about the M7 as well. A beautifully crafted phone, to be sure, but a lot of the software left me wanting. I have albums that are gapless, and it took me forever to find a third-party app that handled gapless tracks well. Some apps were great, but a lot of them (I'm comparing app title to app title directly here) felt unfinished or inferior. Apps also took a long time to load compared to their iOS counterparts.

I liked HTC Sense 5 for the most part, but I also loaded custom ROMS that removed Blinkfeed from the system and added all sorts of enhancements. I loved the available third-party launchers, especially Nova. Nova gave me the benefits of Shrink, 5 Column Springboard, and Infinidock without having to jailbreak.

The phone itself was a dream. With its curved back it was very comfortable to hold. Build quality was outstanding. The only thing I didn't like about the M7 was the fact that HTC put the buttons on the opposite side from where Apple puts theirs, making one-handed operation impossible for me. I don't normally rely on one-handed operation, so this wasn't a huge issue for me.

My dream phone is a jailbroken 4.7"+ iPhone 6. :)

6. iNinja

iNinja Zealot
    Gold

haha, I agree. I bought the m7 because of the look, however I fell in love with Sense 5 and then 5.5 (or 6 or whatever it is now called). I installed many custom roms including cyanogen mod and lLabtoofer's roms (excuse the spelling, I'm mobile) but the apps and tweaks were just falling short each time. I kind of liked picking up my new iPhone and just being content. I actually loved blink feed and Google now, which I miss on the iPhone, but I'm guessing ill get used to Siri.

If the m8 ran iOS, then I don't think id have switched hardware.

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

8. Sassytallsista

Sassytallsista Contributor
    Bronze

I think this would be the first iPhone I would not want in white....although I do like how thin it is.....I still don't know if I will get a 6......

9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

A larger screen will be an automatic buy for me. Then jailbreak that sucker and watch me soar like a leaf on the wind!

Er, sorry. Got a little carried away there. :D

10. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

It's looking good! I can get used to that.

I must say, I would like to see a black top and bottom area like what we have now on the iPhone. I hope that won't be the final look of it. I am used to and really like the black at the too and bottom.

MEH, I know these are mock up dummy rumors. It could all just be a ruse. LOL! But it looks so good.

11. firewire

firewire Member
    Silver