Cantwait4iPhone

May 6, 2007
United States
Taken from engadget:

Further iPhone launch day details unearthed
Darren Murph
Today, 03:20 PM
Filed under: Cellphones

Alright, you already knew what day the thing was launching, then you discovered the time, and finally, you realized that you wouldn't even have to get off work early on the left coast thanks to all sales happening in local time zones. For those still obsessing over what will go down just a fortnight from now, BGR has discovered that "all AT&T stores will be closing up at 4:30PM" while employees set up those cutesy iPhone displays, toss back a few Red Bulls, and hopefully receive their shipments from the (potentially armored) trucks. At 6:00PM, either the doors will open back up or the fanatics will force their way in, and the outlets could stay open "as late as midnight" to satisfy the demand. Oh, and make sure you bring some spare change along -- word on the street is that a bevy of typical accessories (chargers, cases, etc.) will be tempting you as you wade through the checkout line.

This is very reasonable, as it is almost exactly what my local Apple store rep told me. I know I have told you all, but they told me they would close at 4 P.M. and get ready for a 6 P.M. launch. I told ya it wasn't a joke by Steve ;)

Metz

Jun 15, 2007
I'm pretty sure all Apple and Att stores were notified and clearly are aware of what is happening with the whole 6pm thing. It pisses me off though cause you can call one guy and he'll tell you everything you know, but when you get another guy he'll just say "call back later....like the day before". My Att was nice though;-)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
This is very reasonable, as it is almost exactly what my local Apple store rep told me. I know I have told you all, but they told me they would close at 4 P.M. and get ready for a 6 P.M. launch. I told ya it wasn't a joke by Steve ;)
Still nothing being advertised about this yet. I guess we'll hear the details in the next week or so.

sajawebb

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Its definite that only AT&T corporate stores will have the iPhone right? Is that a Cingular store too...Is there a way to tell? Or should i just start Calling the cingular stores in my area to see if they have them?..... This whole AT&T or Cingular thing is so confusing to me.
I don't think you'll find an iPhone at a Cingular store. Only AT&T Wireless Corporate stores will carry the iPhone. The new CEO doesn't want the iPhone to have any relationship to the Cingular brand name. So don't be confused...if the store says Cingular, keep away!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I don't think you'll find an iPhone at a Cingular store. Only AT&T Wireless Corporate stores will carry the iPhone. The new CEO doesn't want the iPhone to have any relationship to the Cingular brand name. So don't be confused...if the store says Cingular, keep away!
That's crazy! The iPHone will be available at all corporate stores regardless of the branding. Anyway they're all supposed to be rebranded to At&t by the 20th.

iGeorge

Jun 7, 2007
Where I work my Best Friend is the Scheduler, and because she knows I want this phone she gave me Thursday, Friday and Saturday off just because she knew I might request the day off or call in sick, so she rather I already had the day off that way I wouldn't get in trouble.

She told me she gave me Saturday off also because she knew I would want to spend the whole day playing with it and work would just be a distraction for me, haha.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Where I work my Best Friend is the Scheduler, and because she knows I want this phone she gave me Thursday, Friday and Saturday off just because she knew I might request the day off or call in sick, so she rather I already had the day off that way I wouldn't get in trouble.

She told me she gave me Saturday off also because she knew I would want to spend the whole day playing with it and work would just be a distraction for me, haha.
If you are lucky enough to land one on launch day, you should take her breakfast when you go back to work.

sajawebb

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
That's crazy! The iPHone will be available at all corporate stores regardless of the branding. Anyway they're all supposed to be rebranded to At&t by the 20th.
How is it crazy if the stores are "rebranded" by the 20th, and the iPhone is to go on sale the 29th? Almost seems like a wasted post!?!:confused:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
How is it crazy if the stores are "rebranded" by the 20th, and the iPhone is to go on sale the 29th? Almost seems like a wasted post!?!:confused:
I don't think it was wasted. IF the sign companies don't get the signage up for At&t, they're not going to say, "don't send them any iPHones because they've still got a Cingular sign." That would be crazy. Today is the 17th and all three corporate At&t stores are still branded Cingular here. You're saying that if they don't get their At&t signs up by the 29th, then At&t is not going to sell ANY iPhones in the second largest city in the state. Come on!

sajawebb

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
I don't think it was wasted. IF the sign companies don't get the signage up for At&t, they're not going to say, "don't send them any iPHones because they've still got a Cingular sign." That would be crazy. Today is the 17th and all three corporate At&t stores are still branded Cingular here. You're saying that if they don't get their At&t signs up by the 29th, then At&t is not going to sell ANY iPhones in the second largest city in the state. Come on!
Okay, I see where you're coming from! Life's too short for this type of thing anyway! Hope you have a great life!

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
we still don't know

I completely agree.

But I don't have any friends that want one, nor any that would wait with me all day. And if no one else shows up it's going to lonely AND aggravating that I waited all that time and I didn't need to.

But again, I agree. As long as they get them here (I have 2 AT&T corporate stores in my area) then I'll probably have one come 6/29 @ 6pm.
well we still don't know how many iPhone Apple will put out. I live in Atlanta,GA and man i tell you everyone is getting to the stores, and asking question just like any other part of the states, i don't know but if you ask me i think Apple is going to put enough out there just like many of their other products that were this hot when they came out.

AT LEAST I HOPE SO............

telePhono

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
cocoplum, fl
www.myspace.com
well we still don't know how many iPhone Apple will put out. I live in Atlanta,GA and man i tell you everyone is getting to the stores, and asking question just like any other part of the states, i don't know but if you ask me i think Apple is going to put enough out there just like many of their other products that were this hot when they came out.

AT LEAST I HOPE SO............

uhhhhhh. miami over here. im sure the lines will be reaching atlanta.
ill get there when the mall opens. if its too busy, ill call it a day and wait. im not excited for the monthly premiums of the phone