new iOS user coming from an android. what should I do first?

jlinn75

Nov 21, 2012
Greenwood, SC
Just as it says in title.. Ordered a 64gb Silver iPhone 6s Plus .. I don't know what apps I should immediately get once I receive the device. I am used to Android EcoSystem and my work phone is a note 5. Anything you guys can recommend

Thanks

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
What apps to get would largely depend on what you do for work and what your interests are. Searching in the App Store using keywords can get you started and maybe lead you in other directions as well. The possibilities are almost endless. Enjoy and welcome to the neighborhood!!

jlinn75

Nov 21, 2012
Greenwood, SC
What apps to get would largely depend on what you do for work and what your interests are. Searching in the App Store using keywords can get you started and maybe lead you in other directions as well. The possibilities are almost endless. Enjoy and welcome to the neighborhood!!
awesome thank you

dmoskaluk

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 22, 2013
Paynes Bay - Barbados
I would suggest starting with Apps which you might have used parallels versions of on Android, to 'smooth' the transition - first which comes to mind is SwiftKey which is a 'new' concept in iOS as Apple only has supported it since iOS 8

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Just as it says in title.. Ordered a 64gb Silver iPhone 6s Plus .. I don't know what apps I should immediately get once I receive the device. I am used to Android EcoSystem and my work phone is a note 5. Anything you guys can recommend

Thanks
If you should need any help transferring content (such as contacts, message history, camera photos and videos, web bookmarks, mail accounts, and calendars) from your Android device to your iPhone, Apple makes an Android app designed specifically for that. You can find it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apple.movetoios&hl=en.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah

Thanks
Post a list of your most-used Android apps and we will post iOS equivalents. Listing my favorite apps would probably be useless to you. We need to know what you're interested in before we can make recommendations.

jlinn75

Nov 21, 2012
Greenwood, SC
well i found many that works.. FB, IG, Messenger, Kik, Pinterest, i use fenix its an android app maybe something comparable to a robust twitter app.. and any recommendations for awesome iphone apps

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I was going to recommend Tweetbot 4 as well. The official Twitter app is free, if you don't want paid app.