New iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 leaked in iPad User Guide

Discussion in 'iPad Air 2' started by Rafagon, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

A popular Apple rumors site has published a story telling readers about a screenshot which Apple seems to have prematurely published in the iTunes Preview page for its iPad User Guide for iOS 8.

This page reveals that tomorrow's new iPad models will in fact be named iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3, continuing the naming scheme currently in use.

Although no surprise at this point, the screenshot also confirms that the new iPads will embrace the Touch ID technology first used by Apple in last year's iPhone 5s.

Although Apple may pull the illustration once it realizes its blunder, a screen capture is now out there on the Internet for all to see:

ipad_air_2_mini_3boxes.jpg

2. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Well, it looks like my wife may soon be the proud owner of my current iPad Mini with Retina Display. Cause I'm loving me some TouchID!!

3. beautifulliar

beautifulliar Member
    Bronze

Is this real?

Page 215: “To crop a photo on an iPad Air 2 with Retina HD 2304 x 3072 396 ppi dsplay, touch the crop button…”

#3 beautifulliar, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
  4. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I will probably upgrade my current Air just for the fingerprint reader. Other than that, I assume the 2 will be lighter, thinner and will have a processor upgrade.

If it has the Touch ID I will be buying it. If not, I will stick with my current Air..

5. Apple4me

Apple4me Evangelist
    Gold

My sentiments exactly

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using iCafe Forums

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

We shall find out very soon, but IMHO, that seems like a sentence that I wouldn't think Apple would use.

If Apple is instructing users how to crop a photo on an iPad Air 2, why would they throw in the words "with Retina HD 2304 x 3072 396 ppi?" It's a rather shameless plug for the resolution and ppi of that tablet, and, IMHO, this cheapens the sentence and seems quite unprofessional. Again, I repeat, that is only my humble opinion.

If Apple is giving directions for cropping a photo on an iPad Air 2, then the only parts of that sentence that are relevant would be these: "To crop a photo on an iPad Air 2, touch the crop button."

I don't see why Apple would insert a shameless plug about the resolution and ppi of its iPad 2 when the main point of that sentence was to instruct users on cropping a photo.

By any chance, did you happen to get a screenshot of the page you are referring to?

7. B89rent89

B89rent89 Member
    Bronze

I've had that guide for weeks. What's shown in the Red rectangles is not what is in the manuals, no mention of iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 2 and no mention of Touch ID. Page 215 also doesn't show what's claimed here.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe Forums