new iPad being released: upgrade or not?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by geetooeasy, Mar 21, 2013.

1. geetooeasy

geetooeasy New Member

once again a new ipad is being released... Does anyone know anything about the features of the new ipad? Whose upgrading?
    I have ipad 3 and ipad mini currently... wondering if i should trade in O_o

2. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Where did you possibly come by that information?!

Sent Using iCafe App

3. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

If a new iPad is being released (that has not been confirmed yet) I will stick with my iPad3 64GB for now. The model is only about a year old and does everything I need or expect from it and probably will for the foreseeable future. If Apple introduces something totally different or a really new set of high tech features, I may consider it. Short of that, I'll stay with what I have.

4. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1364075131.583912.jpg hot off the press, next gen iPad leaked picture :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. glsda

glsda Zealot
    Gold

I have the iPad mini and the 3. I think the only thing that would motivate me to buy is if the mini comes out with the retina display.

6. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

It will. And the iPad 5 will have a smaller case with a slimmer bezel like the iPad mini. I might even have to upgrade from my iPad 1!

Sent Using iCafe App

7. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

There are nothing but rumors about a new iPad. No parts, no concrete information. I would say that the iPad is on a more aggressive update schedule than the iPhone.

8. theOtts

theOtts New Member

It does annoy me how Apple produce iPads every 6 months with very slight adjustments to the offering. Just ways to maximise their profits I know but they are getting too greedy.

Sent using iCafe app

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

They typically release products annually. They have never released an iPad, iPhone or iPod six months after the previous iteration. One time, they released an iPad eight months after the previous model. It is my belief that this was to get the iPad off of an annual spring release and on track with an annual fall release (to maximize profits with Christmas sales).

We won't know for sure until the next iPad comes out. While it may annoy some people that they don't wait longer between product releases, they are trying to fill demand from their customers and keep their hardware up to date. Call that greed it you want, but they are in the businesss to turn a profit just like every other electronics company out there. Mobile technology moves fast. If they go any longer than a year, it becomes obsolete and more people would begin to choose devices made by competing companies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I get the next iPad coming out
    I got the Mini and miss the iPad
    So I hope the next version will have what I like on the mini (light weight & thinness) and much more.
    I can wait ..I actually think they have a 5s before an new iPad/mini