New iPad. Convert iPhone to iPad apps?

paralex

Sep 20, 2011
Sorry if this is somewhere on this site...but I haven't found it. I finally got an iPad. The thing I'm confused about is that I can't see if there's a way to update the apps to the iPad version. I hooked it up to iTunes, and it synced all my apps that were on there already for my phone, but I was thinking there would be some function where the iPad or iTunes would be like...yo, there's an iPad version of this app, you want it? I read somewhere that turning on genius in the app store on Pad will do something like that, but it didn't. It seems kind of nuts that I would literally have to go through each app I have to see if there's an iPad version, then install it, and then delete the other one. Am I missing something?
Thanks much.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah, in the app store there should be a section called "iPad upgrade" (or something like that). It checks the apps you have and tells you if there are upgrades available for the iPad. I can't recall exactly how to get to it, but it is in the App Store somewhere.

paralex

Sep 20, 2011
Yeah I saw that but it doesn't work correctly apparently. Out of the 11 apps it lists on there, 7 are ones I've never even heard of--and I'm looking at 8 apps on my iPad that came over as iPhone apps, that I'm seeing have dedicated iPad versions...but nowhere in iTunes or in that section of the app store on iPad does it alert me of that. I see how it's SUPPOSED to work, but for some reason it's not. Oh well.