New iPad...Siri, or no Siri?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bballrob, Mar 8, 2012.

1. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

The Today show just had a guy talking about the new iPAd with Matt, Ann, Al and Natalie. When Al brought up the new microphone icon on the keyboard for dictatin and asked about Siri, the "expert" stated that the new iPad DOES have Siri.

ANyone know for sure?

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

3. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

No Siri (for now), but voice dictation works really and almost flawlessly. Try it, you;; liik it. OK, ambien is in charge now.

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

You've tried it on the new Pad already? Tell us everything, everything! Hurry, before the Ambien hits harder and your typing becomes unintelligible! :ROFLMAO:

5. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

Sorry, 5.1 on my iPad 2 doesn't show the dictation microphone. Must indigenous to the New iPad!

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

There Apple goes again, endowing only its newest hardware with a feature that at least some of its older hardware can handle just fine. If it were any other company, I'd hold a grudge--BUT I approve of and enjoy watching Apple take over the world and doing whatever they have to in order to achieve this.

If I had the iPad 2, knowing that the iPad* can take dictation would mean absolutely nothing to me. Its other advances (although there aren't many) far outweigh that IMHO little feature. And Siri on my 4S? I hardly use it. So far the most gratification I've gotten from Siri has been the result of watching some of its parodies on YouTube.

*I'm still in mourning over Apple brutally amputating the "3" designator we'd been expecting. Even "HD" would have been nice. Just consider the sentence: "Samantha Jones has enjoyed her iPad 2 for months, and is now eagerly anticipating upgrading to the iPad."

7. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Thread prefix added.