New iPad Verizon Data Plan Issue

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Michael Baturin, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

I decided to checkup on my Verizon Data plan last night for my new iPad. I knew it was going to be low since I barely have used the iPad on 4G so far. However, when I checked it out, I get what you see below.

Verizon Data.jpg

I decided to do a little test on this since I knew it could not be right. I watched a few HD Videos from Youtube over 4G LTE and downloaded a whole bunch of High resolution pictures. No Change. Can some others with Verizon 4G checkout their usage and tell me if it seems right?

2. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

The really odd part is plan says you are on 1GB plan (which Verizon does not offer) but status indicates you are on 5GB plan.. I'd call Verizon as something is jacked up...

3. Michael Baturin

Gold

Actually they do offer a 1GB per month plan.
    plans.jpg

Where do you see the 5GB plan?

4. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Ahh my bad.. Didn't know they offered a 1GB plan.. In your screen shot under status it says 1GB used and 4GB left..

Edit: I read GB instead of MB.

Need more coffee so disregard everything I posted... LOL

5. Michael Baturin

Gold

Ah - says 4MB left. So whole plan is 1GB = 1024 MB, says i have 4MB left. But as much as i use LTE, that doesn't change. So something is jacked up.

6. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

I'd be careful...I can't speak to how much data you've used, but I do know that the status doesn't update in real time. It has to "catch up" to the servers that your carrier uses. If you continue to use 4G, you could get stuck with a big bill. I'd check tomorrow to see what it says after you have used some more wireless data...then call Verizon to get an explanation if you really haven't used 4G all that much...